Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Name the game character 3-27-09
Rules are as stated

1 no edits, if you want to change your answer delete and make another reply.(if edited it will just go by the latest edit time, deleting and re posting your list would just be easier to discern.)
2 each picture is worth 2 points, if a picture has more than one character it is worth 1.5 points per character.
3 the person with the most points and most recent post after 24 hours is the winner.
4. Your final answer must be in a list format...
1. character(s)
2. character(s)
3. character(s)
etc...

[Image: 3391203346_964b55c60e.jpg]

2. 5 bonus points for naming the game series this picture is from.
[Image: 3391203360_c5d4b638ef.jpg]

[Image: 3391203382_bef78cb9cb.jpg]

[Image: 3390391145_b0038fbf72.jpg]

5. Just the character in the middle, not the ogre in the back.
[Image: 3391203440_aa00a4d833.jpg]

[Image: 3390391179_1de6fe7a67.jpg]

7.Name the game not the character.
[Image: 3390391187_bd5e165066.jpg]

[Image: 3390391199_9de51559a0.jpg]

[Image: 3390391219_a001a4657e.jpg]

[Image: 3390391231_9eec8e5a39.jpg]

Max points this time around is 32 points

Remember Unless specified I am looking for the name of the character(s) in the pics not the name of the game.
It matters not how straight the gate, how charged with punishments the scroll.
I am the master of my fate, I am the captain of my soul.
[spoiler]Shit, you took away the black bar. Put it the fuck back now![/spoiler]
1. Rash, Zits, Pimple, Billy Lee, Jimmy Lee
2. Samus Aran, Mother Brain
3. Magus
4. Altair
5. Kameo
6. Cinder, Spinal
7. Pitfall
8. Morton Koopa, Jr.
9. Geno
10. Mr. Driller
1. Zitz, Pimple, Rash, Billy Lee, and Jimmy Lee
2.Samus Aran, Mother Brain, Series: Metroid
3. Magus
4. Altair
5. Kameo
6. Spinal and Cinder
7. Pitfall
8. Morton Koopa, Jr.
9. Geno
10. Mr. Driller
"What you are about to see is top secret. Do not tell my mother."
1. Rash, Zitz, Pimple, Billy Lee, Jimmy Lee
2. Metroid - Samus and Mother Brain
3. Magus (I wish Nintendo would make this downloadable on the Wii)
4. Altair
5. Kameo
6. ???
7. Fishing Derby?
8. Morton Koopa Jr.
9. Geno
10.Susumu
Well, I guess that we all learned a lesson today. That it's what's inside a person that counts. And that on the inside, midgets are thieving little bastards.
Jiggy Wrote:I wish Nintendo would make this downloadable on the Wii

That doesn't matter to me Smile The DS version is great on it's own. they added 2 spots to the game that make it even more replayable.
Philly Mike Wrote:
Jiggy Wrote:I wish Nintendo would make this downloadable on the Wii

That doesn't matter to me Smile The DS version is great on it's own. they added 2 spots to the game that make it even more replayable.

New wish...I wish I had a DS.
Well, I guess that we all learned a lesson today. That it's what's inside a person that counts. And that on the inside, midgets are thieving little bastards.
Jiggy Wrote:
Philly Mike Wrote:That doesn't matter to me Smile The DS version is great on it's own. they added 2 spots to the game that make it even more replayable.

New wish...I wish I had a DS.
http://www.ebgames.com/Catalog/ProductDe...t_id=22260

its a refurbished ds, the screen isn't exactly as bright as the ds lite but it still works for what you want it for.
the ds lite refurbished costs 30 bucks more. if you can afford the extra though the lite is worth it. The DSi will be coming out soon too. basically it's a DS with a camera on the outside facing away and in the middle facing toward you when you play. they are planing on using it for gameplay. it also has an SD slot. that may bring down the prices of the other ones though.
Sorry it took more than 24 hours for this but I gots movin' stuffs to take care of
anyway
here's the results

answers

1. Rash, Zitz, Pimple, Billy lee, Jimmy lee
2's bonus Warioware series (the bomb at the bottom is from the game.)
3. Magus
4. Altair
5. Kameo
6. Cinder, Spinal
7. Porky's
8. Morton Koopa Jr.
9. Geno
10. Susumu Hori

Mark and lee both tied for first at 23.5
and jiggy trailing barely with 22.5
Philly Mike Wrote:Sorry it took more than 24 hours for this but I gots movin' stuffs to take care of
anyway
here's the results

answers

3. Magus
4. Altair
5. Kameo
6. Cinder, Spinal
7. Porky's
8. Morton Koopa Jr.
9. Geno
10. Susumu Hori

Uh, the Warioware series only includes games that have the Wario character in them. There was a metroid mini-game in Warioware: Touched!, but that screenshot is not from the mini-game, it is from the original metroid that was not a part of the warioware series at all. It however was created by the guys who did end up heading the Warioware team at nintendo, so I can see how that could be confused, but Wario wasn't even created until 1992.

The Warioware franchise itself wasn't even established until 2003: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wario_(series)#WarioWare

Here is further proof with an interview of the WarioWare team (known internally as R&D1 as they have been since the metroid series started) http://games.kikizo.com/features/ncl_nin...r06_p1.asp
zdunklee Wrote:
Philly Mike Wrote:Sorry it took more than 24 hours for this but I gots movin' stuffs to take care of
anyway
here's the results

answers

3. Magus
4. Altair
5. Kameo
6. Cinder, Spinal
7. Porky's
8. Morton Koopa Jr.
9. Geno
10. Susumu Hori

Uh, the Warioware series only includes games that have the Wario character in them. There was a metroid mini-game in Warioware: Touched!, but that screenshot is not from the mini-game, it is from the original metroid that was not a part of the warioware series at all. It however was created by the guys who did end up heading the Warioware team at nintendo, so I can see how that could be confused, but Wario wasn't even created until 1992.

The Warioware franchise itself wasn't even established until 2003: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wario_(series)#WarioWare

Here is further proof with an interview of the WarioWare team (known internally as R&D1 as they have been since the metroid series started) http://games.kikizo.com/features/ncl_nin...r06_p1.asp

very good arguement... now how can i possibly prove this wrong ??? oh yea!!! why don't I just take a picture of me playing the game and hold it in front of your post to show you how wrong this is.
[Image: warioware.jpg]

I have all of the warioware games, it is one of my favorites.

for further info look at this
http://www.gamewinners.com/game_boy_adva...areInc.htm
under 9-volt's list you will see the names of his microgames.
Is that the metroid for the DS? Cause it is still not part of the warioware series, it might have a warioware tag on it because that is the nintendo branch that produced the port, but that doesn't make it part of the series.

There isn't a single source on the internet that says it is part of the series that I can find anywhere, but there are many that say it isn't.
zdunklee Wrote:Is that the metroid for the DS? Cause it is still not part of the warioware series, it might have a warioware tag on it because that is the nintendo branch that produced the port, but that doesn't make it part of the series.

There isn't a single source on the internet that says it is part of the series that I can find anywhere, but there are many that say it isn't.
again check here
the reason i was using the DS is because the DS can play GBA games and thats what i did.
if you need me to take a picture by picture of me turning the thing on and showing you it is warioware i will
watch this then, the 12th microgame. 2:11 into the video.
this is actual gameplay of the first game in the series.

[flash=350,287]http://www.youtube.com/v/3keQylQKSJE&hl=en[/flash]
There is a difference between being ported by the warioware nintendo team and being part of the warioware series. I see many places that show that the warioware team ported that game over, nothing that it is part of the series.

Just because it says warioware when it starts up doesn't make it part of the series because warioware is an in house nintendo design team made up of the 6 people in my first post. Much like Bungie was an in house Microsoft design team for many years.
Philly Mike Wrote:watch this then, the 12th microgame. 2:11 into the video.
this is actual gameplay of the first game in the series.

[flash=350,287]http://www.youtube.com/v/3keQylQKSJE&hl=en[/flash]

Ah see now that is what I couldn't find anything about, I just knew that the warioware team was responsible for all the ports of metroid so far, of course this makes sense seeing as they are lead by metroid's creator.
BTW the three greatest names in gaming are: Yoshio Sakamoto (Metroid, Kid Icarus), Gunpei Yokoi (Excitbike, Duck Hunt, Game Boy) and Shigeru Miyamoto (Super Mario, Donkey Kong).
lol I got ya. But like i said I know the games inside and out. the character 9-volt has all nintendo related microgames. his are my favorite to play.

I slid it in there as somewhat a trick question. I wouldn't make a bonus that easy... well unless i thought you guys would be thinking that then i would so you would over think and possibly get it wrong... either way it's all in good fun. Warioware games are pixelated crack.

zdunklee Wrote:BTW the three greatest names in gaming are: Yoshio Sakamoto (Metroid, Kid Icarus), Gunpei Yokoi (Excitbike, Duck Hunt, Game Boy) and Shigeru Miyamoto (Super Mario, Donkey Kong).

you forgot hedio kojima
but miyamoto is just basically the god of modern gaming in general.
Meh, Kojima only really has Metal Gear to his name, it was and is a great series, but he never really did anything great beyond that, the other 3 have created several game series and are mostly responsible for nintendo causing us to have all the games we have today.
Hey Mike. What would be the possibility of instead of people posting here they PM you with their answers? That way no one knows what the other person is picking or who is even playing. Then it can be more of a surprise when you reveal the winner.

If you want to keep doing it this way that's cool too.
zdunklee Wrote:Meh, Kojima only really has Metal Gear to his name, it was and is a great series, but he never really did anything great beyond that, the other 3 have created several game series and are mostly responsible for nintendo causing us to have all the games we have today.
yeah metal gear is one of his inventions, but the boktai series was genius, it is the game that got millions of nerds to actually go outside because you needed to use actual sunlight to play the game.

and the zone of the enders games were pretty fun too. but still, metal gear alone is pretty well put together. Nonetheless the list could just be miyamoto and that's it. the man is greatness personified.

Jiggy Wrote:Hey Mike. What would be the possibility of instead of people posting here they PM you with their answers? That way no one knows what the other person is picking or who is even playing. Then it can be more of a surprise when you reveal the winner.

If you want to keep doing it this way that's cool too.

Sounds like a good idea, I think i may take it. It is however also fun to see you guys attempting to poach one another too though. but the hidden version may add some interesting spice to it. I will give it a try next time (which may be a while because I will be without internet on my PC for about a week because of the move but will be posting from my phone which doesn't work too well for creating a post for this game.)