Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Where have you seen FBHW?
Hey, this may be more for the locals but WHERE have you seen the guys?

- Sat next to Freebeer and Hotwings at a local baseball game, Freebeer had everything to say and Hotwings just said hello and goodbye!!

-I also saw Joe at Charlie's Crab one day... High class Joe!
I saw em all at the adult easter egg hunt. Its really weird seeing them in person. That day FB got nailed in the face with a snow ball by some d-bag. that still pisses me off to this day!
Brian Wrote:I saw em all at the adult easter egg hunt. Its really weird seeing them in person. That day FB got nailed in the face with a snow ball by some d-bag. that still pisses me off to this day!

I was there too. Very shocked that snowball didn't knock Free Beer flat on his butt.

It's been posted a couple of times probably, but I've run into Zane at a local Whitecaps minor league baseball game. I was sitting next to Biff, actually, and this guy walked past that looked remarkably like Eric Zane.

"Hey, is that Zane?" I asked, pointing. Biff didn't think so, but I was certain it was. Between innings, I got up and went over to see. Right as I approached him, his wife and kids got up and left their seats. I recognized his wife, so I knew it was him.

Worried I'd seem like a psycho fan, I quietly just said, "Hey, love the show Zane," and reached out to shake his hand. Much to my surprise, he asked if I'd like to sit down, so I did. We sat and spoke for a few minutes- a little bit about the show, and Zane politely asked some stuff about myself.

Not wanting to take up too much of his time, I excused myself after a few minutes and returned to my seat. I did feel like a BAMF, however, when Biff and I walked past a few innings later, and Zane waved at me.
Saw Zane at the Georgetown rink. He picked his nose and looked around to make sure no one saw it. Class act. Also saw the guys at the last regular season Rampage AFL game. Hot wings....eat a sandwich ya skinny bastard.
At Joe's mom's house.
Wowie Groovie !
potthole Wrote:
Brian Wrote:I saw em all at the adult easter egg hunt. Its really weird seeing them in person. That day FB got nailed in the face with a snow ball by some d-bag. that still pisses me off to this day!

I was there too. Very shocked that snowball didn't knock Free Beer flat on his butt.

It's been posted a couple of times probably, but I've run into Zane at a local Whitecaps minor league baseball game. I was sitting next to Biff, actually, and this guy walked past that looked remarkably like Eric Zane.

"Hey, is that Zane?" I asked, pointing. Biff didn't think so, but I was certain it was. Between innings, I got up and went over to see. Right as I approached him, his wife and kids got up and left their seats. I recognized his wife, so I knew it was him.

Worried I'd seem like a psycho fan, I quietly just said, "Hey, love the show Zane," and reached out to shake his hand. Much to my surprise, he asked if I'd like to sit down, so I did. We sat and spoke for a few minutes- a little bit about the show, and Zane politely asked some stuff about myself.

Not wanting to take up too much of his time, I excused myself after a few minutes and returned to my seat. I did feel like a BAMF, however, when Biff and I walked past a few innings later, and Zane waved at me.
Wow, that is cool! I'm afraid that Free Beer and Zane might actually be genuinely nice guys... dunno about the other two though. My brother has seen Joe around a couple times and claims that he usually looks mad and ignores any hellos.
potthole Wrote:

Cool story, not creepy at all. I was afraid it was gonna end with you rubbing one out in the restroom. Smile
jgwelding Wrote:Hotwings just said hello and goodbye!!

They've mentioned on the show several times that Hot Wings is shy. He's quite possibly an introvert. There are a lot of them in show business. They seem very outgoing while doing their job but in real life are very reserved and require a lot of quiet time.
Go fuck yourself. Hard.
I freind of mine seen Joe downtown at the bar Divertions........
I've been boating with Joe and Airhorn Brian a few times. Joe was a super nice guy, but watching him try to get on a tube is like watching a retarded baby try to crawl back into it's mother's womb. He also caused my girlfriend to be deaf in her left ear after unleashing Airhorn Brian's boat airhorn next to her ear. Overall he was a great guy though, and I'm sure we'll hang out more this summer.
I've seen Zane at Speedway before. Someone was honking at him and I just didn't get a chance to go and say Hi. We live in the same town, but that was the first and so far the only time I have seen him.
I think the cool thing after reading all these stories is that all the guys seem really nice. I mean they are very popular and famous around West Michigan. I think its nice of them to aknowledge their fans by taking the time to talk to them at games "and such" Smile
I've never seen them out in public like at the grocery store, but I have met them at 2 of the game shows that I went to, and the Kiwanis of Wayland basketball game in April. They are some of the nicest people I've ever met. Every time I've talked to them, they have been polite and very down-to-earth. It's really cool that they are so nice to us fans.
the internet and my dreams
"Golf requires goofy pants and a fat ass. You should talk to my neighbor the accountant. Probably a great golfer. Huge ass!"
I saw Hot Wings at a restaurant once. As he was walking by my table, he suddenly turned his head and his grotesquely huge adam's apple knocked my beer into my lap.

I kicked him in the yambag, buried his arm up to the elbow into his own rectum, and shoved him into traffic.
Fistor Wrote:I saw Hot Wings at a restaurant once. As he was walking by my table, he suddenly turned his head and his grotesquely huge adam's apple knocked my beer into my lap.

I kicked him in the yambag, buried his arm up to the elbow into his own rectum, and shoved him into traffic.

dude, i was there...remember?
"Golf requires goofy pants and a fat ass. You should talk to my neighbor the accountant. Probably a great golfer. Huge ass!"
Howie Feltersnatch Wrote:
Fistor Wrote:I saw Hot Wings at a restaurant once. As he was walking by my table, he suddenly turned his head and his grotesquely huge adam's apple knocked my beer into my lap.

dude, i was there...remember?

You work at IHOP?
Admin Wrote:
jgwelding Wrote:Hotwings just said hello and goodbye!!

They've mentioned on the show several times that Hot Wings is shy. He's quite possibly an introvert. There are a lot of them in show business. They seem very outgoing while doing their job but in real life are very reserved and require a lot of quiet time.

I realize this, I was confirming it! Besides he was sitting on the other side of freebeer so naturally I would be quiet too.
I was at the Kiwanis charity basketball game and the guys were all very nice. Free beer was about to sign my book when someone kept calling him and he kept politely excusing himself and apologizing for leaving me waiting. They were all nice guys, although Joe looked very unapproachable so I didn't bother. I sarcastically asked Zane if he felt like a celebrity because everyone wanted his autograph to which he said, "psh, please!"
Only in my dreams, and on my computer. (sigh)
I met freebeer at mcfaddens one night after they did sportier than, i let him know i was eric from azerbaijan... i also sat in front of joe and hot wings at the premier of Talledega Nights. Neither of them laughed at all because they are both "I hate every movie" guys. I also saw Joe downtown a few times. Once was after he got a spray on tan, which was funny. I see him occassionally. I graduated with josh the other morning show producer and they are together sometimes.
I have seen Eric riding his scooter around town. The others I met at WGRD station events in G.R.
I've met Joe, FreeBeer and HotWings at a Griffins game. I and a few other local listeners got to shot a hockey puck at Joe in goalie gear. All three we really nice to meet. It was a lot of fun trying to hit Joe with a hockey puck. Too bad I shot it into the net instead of at Joe. Oh well, still really glad I got to meet them.
Other than promotions and sporting events, I used to attend the same church as the Zane family. I didn't realize who he was until he offered me Communion. I was quite startled.

(And I am NOT like the a-holes Zane mentioned who can't figure out that he doesn't behave the same way in church as he does on the show. He says "Peace be with you" like everyone else, not "Go back to your home on whore island!" Although he should to those windowlickers who can't mind their own business.)
gar1713 Wrote:I've met Joe, FreeBeer and HotWings at a Griffins game.

Damn Griffins used to be the Adirondack Red Wings, traitors.
I saw Zane at the dunk tank in Holland, he comes up with the quickest heckles ive ever seen.
I'm not the type of person to run around trying to meet a celebrity or anything, but they really sound like they are really like they are on the radio. If they came to Maine, I probably would have to go say hi and thank them for cheering me up this past year.

I've met all the Maine celebrities. Stephen King.... uhhhh former WWE wrestler Scotty 2 Hotty ok, that's a stretch
Last weekend at Shark Fin Inn in Forked River, NJ. Thanks for coming up to our table and saying hi! It was nice meeting you too! Smile

Linda
Never have but I want to meet them but I might be shy thou so me and hotwings have something in common than
Every time they come to Albany I'm there!

Um, since I listen to them every day I have vivid dreams about them. Some are CRAZY!!! Someone should start a thread on that...
I met them at a fan meet and greet when they were in Albany. At the FYE in Colonie Center a couple of years ago. They are really great guys. I got Eric to show me his reverse running man. It was hilarious. Hope to meet them again.