Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Wow....that TV list is a joke
No Cheers? No Wonder Years? AND Saved By The Bell and Xena made the list?

Holy Crap.
the lists typically are crap...i think thats why they read them on air
"Golf requires goofy pants and a fat ass. You should talk to my neighbor the accountant. Probably a great golfer. Huge ass!"
This list B-L-O-W-S!!
Dan from Albany is my fave
Anyone know from what magazine that was from again?
Ah nevermind...I think Cheers debuted in 1982 so it missed the cut. But still....Wonder Years.

Buffy at #10? Sex and the City at #5? Still sucks.
Derek Wrote:Anyone know from what magazine that was from again?

here's the link:

http://www.ew.com/ew/article/0,,20207076...39,00.html
You guys are tools! How you did not end up a fat geeky video game nerd amazes me. You knew every show and for the most part claimed to have seen them all and you said they most of them were good. Parker what? and freak and geek who?, come on. You had one chance to redeem yourself with the Shield and you did know what it was. Of course heaven forbid you watch a manly show with guns and violence.
Buffy the Vampire Slayer = win

I'm a nerd, yes, but don't mock it until you try it (start with season 2).
I did try it. I would put it probalby in the Top 100, but no way is it in the Top 10. No way it's better than a show like Arrested Development.
That list sucked ass.
The Shield
House
Deadwood
Arrested Development
It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia
-Are all awesome and they all should have been on the list. Sex in the City, Desperate Housewives, Buffy, and numerous others are TERRIBLE! I'm ok with Xena making the list, mostly because she provided excellent happy-time material during my adolescent years.
The Shield, Deadwood and Arrested Development were mentioned... Don't know about the others.
Point of correction: the father in "Parker Lewis Can't Lose" ended up starring in "Son on the Beach". Not that that is any indication of any sort of success.
Go fuck yourself. Hard.
brobot Wrote:The Shield, Deadwood and Arrested Development were mentioned... Don't know about the others.
house was there too

I was hoping to hear quantum leap on there, that was one of my favorite things to watch about 17 or 18 years ago

Not to mention Heroes should have been on there too
It matters not how straight the gate, how charged with punishments the scroll.
I am the master of my fate, I am the captain of my soul.
[spoiler]Shit, you took away the black bar. Put it the fuck back now![/spoiler]
No Firefly = fail
Oh my gosh....I forgot about Quantum Leap. Awesome show, though it hasn't aged well.

And no Heroes? I don't even watch it but it's got to be better than a lot of those.
I tea bag that list

[Image: teabag_used.jpg]
Wiener Poopie 2.0! Now fatter and less credible!
i cant believe BAND OF BROTHERS wasnt on there. that is easily a top fiver. one of the most powerful shows ever made. also RESCUE ME should have been on there too. it kicks XENAS ass at least. maybe top a 20 show.
zaneswifestits Wrote:i cant believe BAND OF BROTHERS wasnt on there. that is easily a top fiver.

Mini-series were probably not considered in making the list.
they had PLANET EARTH on there from the discovery channel. wasnt that a mini series too?
residentialevil Wrote:Oh my gosh....I forgot about Quantum Leap. Awesome show, though it hasn't aged well.

And no Heroes? I don't even watch it but it's got to be better than a lot of those.

I still like quantum leap

I watch it on a channel called ION
that and deadzone
now that i think of it i am suprised deadzone isn't on there, it's a pretty crazy series

I also think CSI should have been put better than Law & order
zaneswifestits Wrote:i cant believe BAND OF BROTHERS wasnt on there. that is easily a top fiver. one of the most powerful shows ever made. also RESCUE ME should have been on there too. it kicks XENAS ass at least. maybe top a 20 show.
We'd heard good things about Rescue Me, so we checked it out on Netflix. Now it's one of my favorites. If you haven't seen Denis Leary's previous show The Job, do yourself a favor and give it a spin.
Philly Mike Wrote:I also think CSI should have been put better than Law & order

CSI Miami makes me want to punch myself in the nuts.
Go fuck yourself. Hard.
Admin Wrote:
Philly Mike Wrote:I also think CSI should have been put better than Law & order

CSI Miami makes me want to punch myself in the nuts.

the only good CSI is the original vegas one
miami sux, NY is pretty good but thats because the main character is an awsome actor
zaneswifestits Wrote:they had PLANET EARTH on there from the discovery channel. wasnt that a mini series too?

yeah. good point.
Philly Mike Wrote:
residentialevil Wrote:Oh my gosh....I forgot about Quantum Leap. Awesome show, though it hasn't aged well.

that and deadzone
now that i think of it i am suprised deadzone isn't on there, it's a pretty crazy series

Re: Quantum Leap . . . you can also watch it on netflix instant queue
Hey doc, do you know the address of that place?
Oh, you know, I do know the address. It's at the corner of go fuck yourself and buy a map!
Philly Mike Wrote:

that and deadzone

I also think CSI should have been put better than Law & order

I watched Quantum Leap for the first time in 10 years last night. It was just as awesome as I remembered it being. Now that I got rid of cable, I'll probably be watching it nightly on that ION channel. Quantum Leap and McGyver were our family shows when I was a kid, and then we all watched Sliders for the first season or two. They're all cornier than I remember them being, but their nostalgic value is enough on its own.
elegor Wrote:Buffy the Vampire Slayer = win

I'm a nerd, yes, but don't mock it until you try it (start with season 2).

Yes, absolutely skip season one, go back and watch it after you've seen them all. I'm a huge Buffy fan and I almost never put season 1 in the player.
Wowie Groovie !