Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
FB&HW is So much better than Bob and Tom!
Before FB&HW came to Nashville all there was to listen to in the morning was Bob and Tom and I enjoyed it. Once we got FB&HW I realized the horrible waste of my life. Sometimes when the show would go to commercial I'd switch it over to B&T and hear Bob laughing like a jackass everytime someone says a word. I've realized my mistake and now switch over to NPR until FB&HW comes back. Never leave me.
I think that Howard Stern was on here before FBHW... I'd wake up and want to kill myself listening to that damn show.
I think BOB AND TOM SOOOOO FINGGGGG ROCKKK
Not to mention that no matter how old Zane gets, he'll always be about two centuries younger than all of the B&T choads.
Yeah, I can't listen to any other morning show. Every once in a while I'll listen to something different, and I always regret it.
I used to live in Northern Indiana and for years the only choices I had for a morning show were, the top 40 station, NPR, and Bob and Tom. I chose NPR.

FB&HW= Best Morning Show ever.

Seriously, why are Bob and Tom as popular as they are? Is it just market saturation? Are people really really retarded ?
Wowie Groovie !
I don't think we even have the Bob and Tom show in Nashville...

I kinda wish I had a point of reference.
outkast1914 Wrote:I don't think we even have the Bob and Tom show in Nashville...

No, you don't. Bob and Tom are boring as Eff.
outkast1914 Wrote:I don't think we even have the Bob and Tom show in Nashville...

FAIL it's on 97.1 in Nashville.

However, no need in going there, FB&HW>>>>>>B&T.

I was like many others, always listened to bob & tom, now they make my teeth grind.
I'm the same attack. I'm here in Nashville, and I actually listened to sometimes both Bob and Tom and John Boy and Billy. When B&T first left the Buzz, I was ticked and shunned FB&HW, and stuck with JB&B.

Now when I listen to B&T, I can't stand them because they are EXACTLY like FB&HW describes. They laugh like jackyls at everything. And it's that raspy, I-smoke-too-much laugh. JB&B....geez I used to love the show but I can't listen for 5 minutes now. I haven't listened in over a year now and I turned it on the other day and it literally was no different than when I last listened. John Boy laughing like a goober, talking about NASCAR and all his redneck friends laughing at inside jokes that nobody outside of the room would get. Not to mention John Boy does about 20 minutes of actual work each hour, when you factor in he's late all the time, they replay bits 2 of the 4 hours, and they play 4 songs an hour. Which also drove me nuts since they have a rotation of about 8 songs it seemed.

Oh trust me we do, that horrible show comes on 97.1 now. Do yourself a favor and don't check it out.
Yeah. And 97.1 is the poor man's 102.9.
I gave FB&HW a week when they first came to Nashville. I didn't like them at first, then I finally got it. It was the Butter Street Team stunt that got me.

The thing that makes FB&HW unique is that they don't play the same stupid songs over and over and have lame comedians in as "guests". They seem genuine, just a few guys hanging out and acting stupid like we all do. Bob and Tom officially sucks.

Thanks to whoever made this forum, very cool idea.
the last time I listened to bob and tom one of them brought their dog into the studio and was baby talking to it, I decided at that point that I no longer had a use for them.
Here's B&T:

Bob or Tom, doesn't matter : So [insert comedian] where you from?

Comedian: Oh I grew up in [insert city, state].

Bob, Tom, Christy, Chick: HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Comedian: Yeah my first job was [insert minimum wage job].

Bob, Tom, Christy, Chick: HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

And so on for 20 minutes.
nashbama Wrote:I gave FB&HW a week when they first came to Nashville. I didn't like them at first, then I finally got it. It was the Butter Street Team stunt that got me.

The thing that makes FB&HW unique is that they don't play the same stupid songs over and over and have lame comedians in as "guests". They seem genuine, just a few guys hanging out and acting stupid like we all do. Bob and Tom officially sucks.

Thanks to whoever made this forum, very cool idea.

Hell yeah. Couldn't have said it better myself. That's why I like FB&HW as well. And I used to LOVE B&T.. even paid for the 'privilege' of listening online. All the seemed to do was have the same old comedians on all the time. And most of the time, the comedians would spew the same crappy jokes as they did last time they were on, and yet still got more 'canned' laughter. Blah...
Not to mention that Bob, Tom, and Chick all seem like they would be total a-holes in real life, like if you tried to approach them in public... maybe they aren't, but it just seems like it..

FB&HW deserve to have that kind of syndication.
residentialevil Wrote:Here's B&T:

DUDE ! This stuff is Gold, send it to them. You could get a job writing for them
Wowie Groovie !
I can't stand people who listen to Bob and Tom or Opie and Anthony.
i refused to listen to 1029 after they dropped bob and tom. one day i figured i would give fb&hw a shot and i've never looked back.

the only bad part is that you can still listen to bob and tom in the nashville area
In defense of Opie and Assthony, there is a pretty good video from their show on Youtube where some listener's hot hot girlfriend comes to the studio to strip in order to get her boyfriend's band some airplay.

Free Beer and Hot Wings could learn a lesson from this.

Listener's hot girlfriend+stripping in studio+video posted online= great ratings !
Wowie Groovie !
Thank God for FB&HW coming to Nashville. It is nice to listen to people under 40 who understand what is funny to our generation. I was sick of hearing about Chicks 14 heart attacks, all of their 15 marriages, and the non-stop cycle of the same comedians.
You guys came to Nashville just in time. I couldn't stand to hear one more "Kennedy" era reference. "Live from the Bob and Tom studios in the dayroom of our assisted living facility"!
when i first heard FB&HW I hated it because I felt like I didn't know what was going on. They would do their show, and it seemed unstructured and going in no real direction. But after giving it a shot I caught up to speed as to how they do things.

now i can't take listening to B&T just because of everything thats been pointed out that i never realized before!
I listened to Bob and Tom for several years and they used to be funny. When 102.9 The Buzz switched to FB&HW, I posted nasty comments on MySpace and deleted the radiostation from my friends. Damn I was stupid then, Bob and Tom's stupid fake assed prerecorded laughter got on my last nerve, their songs continued to get worse, everything they wanted to talk about was anal sex between men and crap (literally). I found myself listening to FB&HW during the 45 minutes of commercials per hour of Bob and Tom.

I am now a LOYAL Free Beer and Hot Wings Listner!!!!

Bob and Tom can go F**K themselves with a stack of their crappy CD's!
FB & HW is ok. I like B&T too. Anything is better than Ray Lytle show. Hey Ray, pay your rent in Chatham. $6400 behind!
Zane needs to stop (talking) calling everything a 'bit'. We get it. It's not that hard.
"I don't think we even have the Bob and Tom show in Nashville..."

Who do you think was on 102.9 before Free Beer and Hot Wings?
The key to FB&HW's success, I think, is their humility and ability to laugh at themselves. Hopefully they'll never lose that as they gain more and more popularity.

Close. It's more like:

Tom the Assbag Hyena: "So, comedian, have you ever had a job at McDonald's?"

Comedian: "It just so happens I have twenty minutes about my experiences at McDonald's...."

Bob the Assbag Hyena: "HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA do tell HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA."

And so on and so forth.
Fistor Wrote:

Close. It's more like:

Tom the Assbag Hyena: "So, comedian, have you ever had a job at McDonald's?"

Comedian: "It just so happens I have twenty minutes about my experiences at McDonald's...."

Bob the Assbag Hyena: "HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA do tell HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA."

And so on and so forth.

I'm telling you brother, you could write for them. send this to them and see if they don't offer you a job.
Wowie Groovie !
Bob and Tom effin suck. They need to stfu and get off the air forever. Before FBHW was on in jersey it was Bob and Tom and top 40 crap. I regretfully listened to bob and tom for a year and found them ok at best, now, i just hate them.