Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Distinguishing Zane and Freebeers voice
Ive been listening for some time now and i have no problem telling who hotwings is because i relate his voice to Squidward, and of course joe is easy cause he sounds like a 12 year old, but i am still having trouble with Zane and Freebeer.......
I'm not the only one! :-) I'm getting a lot better at it, though.
you'll figure it out, give it some time.
I never know who freebeer or hotwings are unless there is content that I can relate to one of them specifically. I have Zane and Joe down. I listened when they were on in Philly then not for a year and now I podcast and still haven't picked it up.
Wow, that is crazy. I have never had any problem telling them apart. I think all their voices are very different.
I know who they all are easy now, without question. But there was a time I couldn't tell Zane and Hot Wings apart. But I've been listening so long now that it's easy for me to tell who each is as if I knew them.
Jay Wrote:I know who they all are easy now, without question. But there was a time I couldn't tell Zane and Hot Wings apart. But I've been listening so long now that it's easy for me to tell who each is as if I knew them.

Yeah, same here. I can tell them apart very easily, it took me about 6 months to be able to, but I've got it down. Then again, I've been listening to them since they came to Grand Rapids, so I guess that gives me an edge. My problem was telling Free Beer and Zane apart. Tongue
it took me a month to figure out who was different...everybody sounded the same for a while to me.
It took me a month to figure out there were 4 of them.
Anyone who has played Slugfest.....Blitz...Or Hitz.....the insane video games that are made by Midway. I think HotWings sounds EXACTLY like the announcer on those games. am i the only one?

Here's the best i could find...you can tell which announcer i'm talkin about.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=inuUQjjSrwg
to distinguish the voices of freebeer and zane, just listen to content. Zane will sound like a 70 year-old a-hole when he talks, and freebeer will sound like a over-sensitive, lip-smacking host who will ALWAYS bring the topic back to where it started (oh, and you can listen for the neck queefs, haha.

i'm jk, you'll get it easy with time.
Freebeer has the deeper 'radioy' voice and is the one that seems to keep the show more structured. Zane just says ridiculous things and is hilarious.