Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
WTF - Debate?
That is not debating . . .it's speed arguing . . . I guess. I couldn't understand a word they said. What are they teaching these kids?
Hey doc, do you know the address of that place?
Oh, you know, I do know the address. It's at the corner of go fuck yourself and buy a map!
I was on the speech team in high school, and we did a couple debates, but it was nothing like that. In fact you would have lost points for not being able to be understood.
Wowie Groovie !
That is the stupidest shit I have ever heard . . . no wonder when his wife said "it's a high school debate" he said "NO it's not!"
Oh, you know, I do know the address. It's at the corner of go fuck yourself and buy a map!
It's Effing speed talking at eachother...no one can actually here what they are saying.
I want to see this documentary to see how it evolved to this.
Wowie Groovie !
It completely defies the purpose of debate and turns the whole concept from actually formulating a solid arguement with some good facts into craming as many facts into the alloted time.
It matters not how straight the gate, how charged with punishments the scroll.
I am the master of my fate, I am the captain of my soul.
[spoiler]Shit, you took away the black bar. Put it the fuck back now![/spoiler]
Philly Mike Wrote:It completely defies the purpose of debate and turns the whole concept from actually formulating a solid arguement with some good facts into craming as many facts into the alloted time.

What good are arguments and facts if you can't effin understand them?
Queenie Wrote:
Philly Mike Wrote:It completely defies the purpose of debate and turns the whole concept from actually formulating a solid arguement with some good facts into craming as many facts into the alloted time.

WIN !
Wowie Groovie !
Titan ! Wrote:
Queenie Wrote:What good are arguments and facts if you can't effin understand them?

WIN !

Yes now that is a debate.
Queenie Wrote:

The judges who oversee such debates can understand them. I took a couple of debate courses in college, and learned how debates like that are scored and run. The more points you can cram into your alloted time will basically result in a higher score for you.

Totally sucks how the whole debate process has evolved, but that stuff they played on the show is basically the generally accepted way in which they are done.
In other words.....debating teams are now even more worthless than they were.
potthole Wrote:
Queenie Wrote:What good are arguments and facts if you can't effin understand them?

The judges who oversee such debates can understand them. I took a couple of debate courses in college, and learned how debates like that are scored and run. The more points you can cram into your alloted time will basically result in a higher score for you.

Totally sucks how the whole debate process has evolved, but that stuff they played on the show is basically the generally accepted way in which they are done.

Wow . . .i've been out of school way too long!