Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Fireworks in the Sink
It's probably due to my inner 12 year old pyro, but the Fireworks in the Sink bit is my favorite bit of the year. It's the bit that got me hooked on the show, actually. Four years ago while driving to work one morning, I decided to actually give the show a listen, and loved the fireworks bit.

I'm not kidding that when it's the week of the 4th, I look forward to their last show before they take time off, because it means they'll be doing more of the fireworks.
Unfortunately i did not have any when they were doing it on the air, but in the last couple of hours i acquired some, and plan on lighting them off in the sink once my roommates get home for my own enjoyment.
providencecrow Wrote:Unfortunately i did not have any when they were doing it on the air, but in the last couple of hours i acquired some, and plan on lighting them off in the sink once my roommates get home for my own enjoyment.

+1... If you video tape it so that I can enjoy it as well.
classic fireworks in the sink from a few years ago.

http://www.freebeerandhotwings.com/audio...20sink.wma
i definitely agree, potthole. This is easily my favorite day of the year for FB&HW. Its always hilarious to hear the stupid things people will do with fireworks in confined spaces. Maybe one of these years I'll think ahead and be one of those idiots...
Zee Wrote:
providencecrow Wrote:Unfortunately i did not have any when they were doing it on the air, but in the last couple of hours i acquired some, and plan on lighting them off in the sink once my roommates get home for my own enjoyment.

+1... If you video tape it so that I can enjoy it as well.

Your wish will be granted, they are home now i just need them to be in the room next to the kitchen. Cell phone video will win this one. Then, TO YOUTUBE haha.
ignition16 Wrote:i definitely agree, potthole. This is easily my favorite day of the year for FB&HW. Its always hilarious to hear the stupid things people will do with fireworks in confined spaces. Maybe one of these years I'll think ahead and be one of those idiots...

Hopefully sometime within the year my wife and I will be able to look for a home, and as I'm looking at stuff, I'll be keeping an eye out for places where I could light something up indoors.
I'd love to light fireworks in the sink, but I'd be the idiot to either maim myself or accidentally start a fire.
beerbarella Wrote:I'd love to light fireworks in the sink, but I'd be the idiot to either maim myself or accidentally start a fire.

All the more reason that anyone that does this should video tape it and put it on YouTube.
I find the bit underwhelming. Fireworks are as much a visual thing as they are a sound thing, so just hearing some popping and banging sounds through a phone, even when loud, doesn't really get me excited or make me laugh. Although I did laugh at the last one where there was a pathetic noise that made Hot Wings laugh over the sound of the bigger bang that followed.
Zee Wrote:
beerbarella Wrote:I'd love to light fireworks in the sink, but I'd be the idiot to either maim myself or accidentally start a fire.

All the more reason that anyone that does this should video tape it and put it on YouTube.

I agree! Just so long as that it isn't me!
That segment was awesome . . . especially the dude that had to do a "redo" because they were laughing at the small "pop" and missed the big boom!! Dumb asses!
Hey doc, do you know the address of that place?
Oh, you know, I do know the address. It's at the corner of go fuck yourself and buy a map!
Zig Wrote:I find the bit underwhelming. Fireworks are as much a visual thing as they are a sound thing, so just hearing some popping and banging sounds through a phone, even when loud, doesn't really get me excited or make me laugh. Although I did laugh at the last one where there was a pathetic noise that made Hot Wings laugh over the sound of the bigger bang that followed.

I think that for somebody like me, this segment is awesome, because when I do fireworks, I go for the ones that go boom, not the ones that look pretty. As such, hearing the big booms on the radio is right up my alley.
I have some bad news, i went to blow up my last pack of crackers in the sink and video it for everyone, and the pack was a bunch of duds Sad
providencecrow Wrote:I have some bad news, i went to blow up my last pack of crackers in the sink and video it for everyone, and the pack was a bunch of duds Sad

At least it's just that. I was beginning to wonder if your lack of a posted video was because you blew a hand off or something.
If i had blown my hand off the video would have been on youtube before i went to the hospital, believe me haha.
providencecrow Wrote:I have some bad news, i went to blow up my last pack of crackers in the sink and video it for everyone, and the pack was a bunch of duds Sad

Thats what I would say too if I was all talk... very anticlimatic. Now I have to find a place in West Michigan that sells decent fireworks. Unless y'all want to see my six year old throw sparklers into the sink.
if you want a fun explosion video, here is one of my friends and i blowing up a smirnoff bottle in a camp fire.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=LFG9vUMugwg