Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Who hasn't thought of this one
First thought I had when they started talking about Batman. Who doesn't think that they are going to give him an Oscar because he overdosed? Dang, come on there are better actors and movies out right now.
he is ridiculously hyped in it. it's like he's already a legend. he was good, maybe he could have been one. i wanted to see the movie before any of this, but this dead guy oscar talk almost feels like a spoiler.
I understand, just because someone died, doesn't mean hand him an Oscar. I want to see it, but since much has been stated due to the fact of his death, I'll wait to netflix it
The hype for his character in the movie was already exploding before he died. In fact, Jack Nicholson found it off putting.

The posthumous hype has taken on a life of it's own (pun intended).
Go fuck yourself. Hard.
I will probably see the movie . . . not sure how well he played his character, but I thought he did a great job in A Knight's Tale.
Hey doc, do you know the address of that place?
Oh, you know, I do know the address. It's at the corner of go fuck yourself and buy a map!
I remember hearing something while flipping through the channels that a posthumous Oscar hasn't been awarded in something like thirty years. It'll be interesting to see if that changes this year.
Very true, if he does win one, I hope it is for deserving work, more than a sympathy award. If he wins it, who would get it also????
Either way, I agree with hot wings. I'm sick of hearing every actor blah blah on about Heath Ledger. Give it a dang rest! Its a movie for God sake. It is not like the guy found a cure for AIDS or Cancer. In fact, I'm so sick of Hollywood people thinking that anyone wants or needs their opinion, I could puke.
He was VERY good. Based on what I've seen so far, he should be nominated.
laughingoutloud Wrote:Either way, I agree with hot wings. I'm sick of hearing every actor blah blah on about Heath Ledger. Give it a dang rest! Its a movie for God sake. It is not like the guy found a cure for AIDS or Cancer. In fact, I'm so sick of Hollywood people thinking that anyone wants or needs their opinion, I could puke.

Thanks, I just believe that over hyping someone because they are an actor is silly. Why not have more talk about the doctors that go to other countries for no pay and help out, and things like that. Batman isn't going to cure what ails the world.
Besides if they honor him, kids are going to think it is cool to OD on medicine.
lokizilla Wrote:Besides if they honor him, kids are going to think it is cool to OD on medicine.

It was an accidental overdose. Layoff on the accusations in this misinformed tirade of yours.
lokizilla Wrote:First thought I had when they started talking about Batman. Who doesn't think that they are going to give him an Oscar because he overdosed? Dang, come on there are better actors and movies out right now.

Eff off you emmer effer. He was one effing great actor, dead or not, he deserves the damn Oscar.
speedbump Wrote:
lokizilla Wrote:Besides if they honor him, kids are going to think it is cool to OD on medicine.

It was an accidental overdose. Layoff on the accusations in this misinformed tirade of yours.

Kudos, speedbump
Accidental overdose. No such thing. 3 different drugs, all meds come with warnings. Especially the ones he took.
i don't see enough movies to know if he should win. but i saw the movie last weekend and he was a lot of fun to watch.

i'm not personally insulted by shots on heath ledger, but i do think people can take fatal pill combos by accident. i'm pretty sure it happens all the time. it's probably where new warnings come from, wouldn't you think?
dingdongyo Wrote:i don't see enough movies to know if he should win. but i saw the movie last weekend and he was a lot of fun to watch.

i'm not personally insulted by shots on heath ledger, but i do think people can take fatal pill combos by accident. i'm pretty sure it happens all the time. it's probably where new warnings come from, wouldn't you think?

Odds are pretty hard to come at that. I have been on medication for my Asthma and Sinus Problems since I was a kid. I know for sure that for the last 10 years they put a nice little warning page on any medicine you buy, with the side effects and not what to take with them. Even on the bottles they say what not to mix with them. I can say okay might happen if you can't read. But aren't actors paid to read, and humanize a movie part.
lokizilla Wrote:
dingdongyo Wrote:i don't see enough movies to know if he should win. but i saw the movie last weekend and he was a lot of fun to watch.

Odds are pretty hard to come at that. I have been on medication for my Asthma and Sinus Problems since I was a kid. I know for sure that for the last 10 years they put a nice little warning page on any medicine you buy, with the side effects and not what to take with them. Even on the bottles they say what not to mix with them. I can say okay might happen if you can't read. But aren't actors paid to read, and humanize a movie part.

So, since you believe there is no such thing as an accidental overdose, are you saying he commited suicide?

At my school they had a memorial for a kid that died in a car crash but I didn
Wiener Poopie 2.0! Now fatter and less credible!
wienerpoopie Wrote:

"Golf requires goofy pants and a fat ass. You should talk to my neighbor the accountant. Probably a great golfer. Huge ass!"
[quote="Howie Feltersnatch"]
[quote="wienerpoopie"]

Wiener Poopie 2.0! Now fatter and less credible!
wienerpoopie Wrote:
Howie Feltersnatch Wrote:I did

You:
[Image: car%20overweight.jpg]

don't be stupid...you know mines a hatchback...
"Golf requires goofy pants and a fat ass. You should talk to my neighbor the accountant. Probably a great golfer. Huge ass!"
[quote="Howie Feltersnatch"]
[quote="wienerpoopie"]

I think that it is going to be like Johnny Cash all over again. Don't get me wrong, Johnny Cash was and still is the shit. But dead people should not be able to win stuff like that, because they are DEAD. I just remember watching the awards show after Johnny Cash died and everything he was nominated for, he won. All those people that could have won lost too a dead guy. how would you feel if you lost to a dead guy on public television? I'd be humiliated.
THE EVER LOVING JAYDETHESPAZ
jaydethespaz Wrote:I think that it is going to be like Johnny Cash all over again. Don't get me wrong, Johnny Cash was and still is the shit. But dead people should not be able to win stuff like that, because they are DEAD. I just remember watching the awards show after Johnny Cash died and everything he was nominated for, he won. All those people that could have won lost too a dead guy. how would you feel if you lost to a dead guy on public television? I'd be humiliated.

If they deserve to win, they deserve to win. Dead should have nothing to do with it. Just like race, sex, religion, etc.
lokizilla Wrote:Thanks, I just believe that over hyping someone because they are an actor is silly. Why not have more talk about the doctors that go to other countries for no pay and help out, and things like that. Batman isn't going to cure what ails the world.

i'm sorry, i totally missed this the first pass through.

i think it's because having a big pompous expensive award ceremony is exactly what acting and filmmaking is all about. keep these people famous, keep handing out awards to them, and people will pay more cash to see them again. its money. doctors are boring. they wouldn't move nearly as much money by being all philanthropic and stuff.

so wait... giving an oscar to a dead guy is pretty much counter-productive by that explanation. hmm, how do i dig myself out of this... well, at this point, i think the novelty will draw people to watch. they can burn one award on him to make sure they put asses in seats to see the awards in the first place.

...does that make sense? somebody fix me.

in any case, i still don't understand the accusatory way of mentioning his overdose. wasn't it like sleep aids and cold medicine and junk like that? you don't get a high off those, do you? so why would he intentionally try to hurt himself with them if there was no high?

or are you just calling him stupid? if so, you might be right.