Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Does anyone else scramble their words?
I thought this was a common occurrence. I usually do it when I'm overly-tired. That must be the part of my brain that's most sleep-dependent or something.

I used to work at a company who's president's name was Mary Helen. Her husband was the chairman of the board. I word scrambled her name in his presence once. He thought I was making a joke, suggesting his wife was a cantaloupe in need of a shave, but it was just a simple word scramble. Tough to talk your way out of that one, especially when the concept of a word scramble is completely foreign to the listener.
I do it all the time. I thought it was just me pre-FB&HW. I also go through all my kid's names when screamin' at whoever screwed up this time.
Nell Ho, I never do it...
Not very often but sometimes I do.
"Sir, You need to get out of your car, there is a train comming."
"Why ummm... uhhh did you ummm... feel the need to errrrr, god why can't I type!!"
jus' P Wrote:I do it all the time. I thought it was just me pre-FB&HW. I also go through all my kid's names when screamin' at whoever screwed up this time.

Never thought about it but Freebeer needs to be blessed with twins (or at least have 2 kids close together). He'd be a raving lunatic by about age 4 or 5.
jus' P Wrote:I do it all the time. I thought it was just me pre-FB&HW. I also go through all my kid's names when screamin' at whoever screwed up this time.

He even calls me the kids names . . . Undecided
Hey doc, do you know the address of that place?
Oh, you know, I do know the address. It's at the corner of go fuck yourself and buy a map!
Do it quite often. Happens even sometimes when writing stuff down.
This one was pretty bad, not sure if it's even a word scramble. I was reading a story to my kids featuring Ernie and Bert from Sesame Street. In the book they were doing spring cleaning and Ernie was asking Bert to give him something else to do. The line was "I'm done Bert, how about a hard job this time?" and I said "I'm done Bert, how about a hand job this time?"
ashleykme Wrote:This one was pretty bad, not sure if it's even a word scramble. I was reading a story to my kids featuring Ernie and Bert from Sesame Street. In the book they were doing spring cleaning and Ernie was asking Bert to give him something else to do. The line was "I'm done Bert, how about a hard job this time?" and I said "I'm done Bert, how about a hand job this time?"

Are you sure you read it wrong? Bert and Ernie are two single guys living together. I'm just saying.... Big Grin
I do scramble words sometimes, but my main problem is forgetting extremely common words, but can pull million dollar words like "Defenestrate" out of my ass all the time.
I am famous in my family for calling kids by the wrong name. I'm constantly mixing up my daughter and my one niece's name. Can't explain why; they aren't close in age nor are their names similar. I also forget words and word scramble fairly often.

There is one scramble that I never forgot. Years ago we were eating tacos, and I had just finished my second one. I tried to say, "Shall I try for a third?". It came out, "Shall I thry for a turd?" Much laughter was had at my expense over that one.
I was talking with a potential customer and instead of saying "cut hair" I made a bad mistake......
Go fuck yourself. Hard.
All the tucking fime...
Have you considered taking longer?
im glad im not the only person that does this... i was worried for awhile
I do, in fact, I did it last night, you ever scramble your brain and say something your looking at and not what your thinking? example, staring at the cheese that you just place on your food item, you ask for the next item saying "pass the cheese"
Its not hard with mild dyslexia.
Queenie Wrote:

He even calls me the kids names . . . Undecided

Maybe it's because he knows you have a vibrant youthful demeaner. :Smile
airhornahole Wrote:
Queenie Wrote:He even calls me the kids names . . . Undecided

Maybe it's because he knows you have a vibrant youthful demeaner. :Smile

Exactly!! Tongue
Hey doc, do you know the address of that place?
Oh, you know, I do know the address. It's at the corner of go fuck yourself and buy a map!
My whole family word scrambles. We also invent words on occasion. This brings such words as oxynanay (my sister came up with that one years ago) imjinzik (that Jem is mine) and the concept of ten-times. None of these I will explain. I like the mystery of it all.
Not regularly, but once my wife about passed out when we were out with the dogs and I said "I kicked the foot with my ball."
My sister could not for the life of her say Bert and Ernie. It was alway Ert and Bernie, and this was when she was in high school. Word scrambles for me though? No. I can't pronounce "Orange" I say "Ornch"
I dont scamble words but I just cant remember anything
pants on the ground! pants on the ground!