Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
WHWT to dollar coin: Go Eff yourself now in GR
Hotwings had a WHWT rant a week or so ago about the new currency being shoved down out throats. I don't think the treasury dept. was listening!

http://www.wzzm13.com/news/news_story.as...6&catid=14

GRAND RAPIDS, Mich. (AP) -- The U.S. Mint wants Americans to start getting serious about using dollar coins.

Grand Rapids is one of four cities that have been chosen to test new efforts to encourage their regular use. The other cities are Portland, Ore.; Austin, Texas; and Charlotte, N.C.

Americans ignored the Susan B. Anthony and Sacagawea dollars. Last year the Mint started rolling out a series of dollar coins featuring all the U.S. presidents, in the order they served. The government wants more consumers spending dollar coins and more retailers giving them to customers as change.

Mint officials say dollar coins are more durable than paper bills and have the potential to save the country millions of dollars annually in production costs.
Quote of the Day:
"I'm here working for the people. I'm causing dissent, stirring the pot, getting people to question the whole rotten system." - George Costanza
did you hear the commercial promoting them during the show? i got a dollar coin....it's nifty.
Jo Wrote:did you hear the commercial promoting them during the show? i got a dollar coin....it's nifty.

Was it your first tip at hooters?
Wiener Poopie 2.0! Now fatter and less credible!
wienerpoopie Wrote:
Jo Wrote:did you hear the commercial promoting them during the show? i got a dollar coin....it's nifty.

Was it your first tip at hooters?

you just love following me around, quoting my posts, and sending threads off-topic don't you? punk.
Jo Wrote:
wienerpoopie Wrote:Was it your first tip at hooters?

you just love following me around, quoting my posts, and sending threads off-topic don't you? punk.

Yes, so was hooters fun and exciting, did you make any hooter friends?
Wiener Poopie 2.0! Now fatter and less credible!
The only way the coin will work is if they were to completely stop making the paper bills.
i like using dollar coins in for highway tolls, but that's it. paper is lighter and less noisy.
aren't we supposed to be getting rid of pennies at some point?
I went to Germany a few years ago and used coins much more than paper. It was nice in the fact that I found it easier to make exact change, but I quickly grew tired of stuffing my pockets full of coins.
If they want this to work, places like Walmart, Mcdonalds, and other "Cash" places have to start using them. If you start getting them as change on a daily basis, they will circulate.
I'm so goth, I shit bats.
eff the coins!! How are the stippers going to make money. I don't think they will want a bunch of coins shoved down their g-string.
FUSTERCLUCK Wrote:If they want this to work, places like Walmart, Mcdonalds, and other "Cash" places have to start using them. If you start getting them as change on a daily basis, they will circulate.

Bingo. Back when they tried to introduce 'em a few years back, I'd have used them frequently. Only thing is, I never got them.
The only problem with the coins is, every time I get them at work, they weigh my jeans down, and I have to keep pulling the jeans up so there isn't an showing of the undies.
lokizilla Wrote:The only problem with the coins is, every time I get them at work, they weigh my jeans down, and I have to keep pulling the jeans up so there isn't an showing of the undies.

Let 'em drop. What's it goin' to hurt?? Wink
airhornahole Wrote:
lokizilla Wrote:The only problem with the coins is, every time I get them at work, they weigh my jeans down, and I have to keep pulling the jeans up so there isn't an showing of the undies.

Let 'em drop. What's it goin' to hurt?? Wink

I don't think my work would like it, and my husband would birth a large animal if he saw it happen in public.

A belt would fix that right away.