Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Rockband II
I'm such a nerd for playing music. And since my only abilities include playing Marching Band Trombone (Harmonix game pending) I love Rockband. I play the drums mostly and about creamed my pants when I saw the new commercial with the new drums. Then about creamed them again when I realized you can purchase a more indepth kit.

Fistor, I will let you punch/kick me in the nuts several times if you purchase the new drums and game (RockbandII) for me when it is released. You may also film/photograph it and post it here for others enjoyment.
"Golf requires goofy pants and a fat ass. You should talk to my neighbor the accountant. Probably a great golfer. Huge ass!"
I am torn on the drumkit for Rockband II. I have been wanting an electronic kit for a while, and at 400 dollary doos this isnt bad, since you can hook any Alesis brain box up to it and have it work as a standalone kit. The problem is it lacks a hi hat pedal, a few more cymbals, and maybe a tom or two, which means id have to shell out more money and pretty much spend the money for a full blown electronic kit when all is said and done.

Damn, it sure costs a lot of money to be able to jam out at 3 in the morning without a noise complaint.
does anybody have this now? play online? my brother got it, he invites people over every now and then. i dig the drums. but he didn't get the new drumset.
anyway, i want to try the battle thing. anybody done it yet?
I haven't picked up RB2, and I'm not sure if I will. It's tempting, because I sure do love RB1, but at the same time, do I really wanna shell out that kinda scratch a second time? I guess we'll have to see if the second generation instruments are built better than they were the first time.
don't quote me, but i'm pretty sure if you have all the stuff from rockband 1, you can just buy the disc only for rockband 2 and your old stuff will work fine. you can import all your rockband 1 and downloaded songs, so there has to be some compatability. i'm positive my brother didn't get the new drums. and i'm 99% sure he didn't get any other new instruments either. they all looked the same to me.
Yeah I read that somewhere too....I'll probably pick up the disc at some point, but that second generation drum kit looked kick ass, that's where I have an issue. Me wants it.
dingdongyo Wrote:don't quote me, but i'm pretty sure if you have all the stuff from rockband 1, you can just buy the disc only for rockband 2 and your old stuff will work fine. you can import all your rockband 1 and downloaded songs, so there has to be some compatability. i'm positive my brother didn't get the new drums. and i'm 99% sure he didn't get any other new instruments either. they all looked the same to me.

Yes thats 100% true. They still sell the regular kit, but they did make a new Rock Band 2 kit. This is what i was talking about:

<!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="https://www.drumrocker.com/products/index.php">https://www.drumrocker.com/products/index.php</a><!-- m -->