Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
HBO's True Blood
I kind of like the show. Do you? I have heard most people think it sucks. I never thought I could like a vampire show. I will agree with freebeer who said that "sometimes it makes you feel like..."what kind of nonsense am I watching!"

I liked Deadwood too but HBO canceled that. Once True Blood is over I will cancel my membership untill it comes back. Otherwise HBO sucks.

Entourage with Mildy retarded Kevin Dillon and Jeremy Pivon with hair plugs talking on a cell phone and wearing too tight clothing does nothing for me.
I agree about True Blood, it's definately different than anything else on t.v. You either like it or you don't. I am hooked on NBC's Heroes. It's a nice break from the same old family dramas, medical shows and forensics stuff. Yeah HBO has sucked a big one for some time now, especially how they allowed The Sopranos to go off the air with a craptastic ending like that. It just wasn't right.
True Blood is awesome. My friends and I dig it and we talk about it every Monday evening at the bar. Personally, I literally cannot wait for the next episode each week.
i'm getting free HBO right now as part of an introductory gig. It'll be off soon. I started watching True Blood but quickly realized I didn't think it was that great and why get wrapped into it and lose it when the HBO is turned off.

Showtime has Weeds and Californication....I dig those
"Golf requires goofy pants and a fat ass. You should talk to my neighbor the accountant. Probably a great golfer. Huge ass!"
lurkingfinger Wrote:I liked Deadwood too but HBO canceled that. Once True Blood is over I will cancel my membership untill it comes back. Otherwise HBO sucks.

Thats what me and my Hubby did for Dexter (awesome show). I really liked Deadwood too, and don't know if you watched it, but the Firefly series was cool too. They cancel all the good shows. Hope they don't cancel Dexter.

Edit: Oops, I think Dexter is on Showtime, we cancelled HBO altogether.
sunshyne Wrote:
lurkingfinger Wrote:I liked Deadwood too but HBO canceled that. Once True Blood is over I will cancel my membership untill it comes back. Otherwise HBO sucks.

Thats what me and my Hubby did for Dexter (awesome show). I really liked Deadwood too, and don't know if you watched it, but the Firefly series was cool too. They cancel all the good shows. Hope they don't cancel Dexter.

Edit: Oops, I think Dexter is on Showtime, we cancelled HBO altogether.

Since you have Showtime, do you watch Weeds?
Hey doc, do you know the address of that place?
Oh, you know, I do know the address. It's at the corner of go fuck yourself and buy a map!
nope, I don't have a whole lot of time for TV, so I have to pick and choose my shows. I watch Jeopardy while I'm fixin dinner and then when me and my husband sit down to eat, we usually watch an episode or two of something recorded on our DVR, usually, Sarah Connor Chronicles, House, Dexter, Family Guy, American Chopper, King of the Hill, or Simpsons. After we are done eating I bring my dog in and play with her for a little , then if there is laundry to fold I do that in our bedroom where the DVR in there has recorded Girls Next Door.
I liked what I saw of Weeds, never really got in to Dexter something about the opening scene with him shaving , putting on a T shirt and then his head popping through the T shirt with a day old stubble beard started it out poorly for me. I know many that like it though. So many good series now that are better than the crap movies Hollywood cranks out.
the first two seasons of weeds was some of the best TV of all time, in my opinion. since then, the show has become so bad I'd rather watch stupid sitcoms on network TV than even have weeds on in the background. californication is awesome, though this season started slow. i can understand how people wouldn't like True Blood, but i also think a lot of people don't give it a chance. a friend of mine who normally hates anything fantasy and anything even remotely nerdy watched it when it premiered because he didn't know what it was. he ended up loving it. other people are like, isn't that a vampire show, and they laugh to themself and count it off as being nerdy and cheesy before even giving it a chance.
I also like Fringe, its like Xfiles on crack
I too like Fringe.
This is probably a lame question but does HBO do anything with online episodes? I never get to watch TV, mine has 13 channels and they suck. Online is the only way I catch The Office and I'm definitely interested in True Blood.
Humans are not rational beings, they are rationalizing
Practice safe sex, do it in a Volvo ___________ "Shut up", he explained.
Yes all the episodes are online. It's a pretty cool site as well.
Thank you!
Humans are not rational beings, they are rationalizing
Practice safe sex, do it in a Volvo ___________ "Shut up", he explained.