Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I Phone ruins "Name that Tune"
Just saw an I-Phone commercial during the Penn State/Iowa game. Seems you can hold your I-Phone up to the music and it will search and give you song name and artist (and where to buy it). Game over. Too bad, I liked that game.
Yeah, there are other phones that already do that...I think some of the music phones from Verizon have been advertised with that feature.

I don't think it would actually ruin the game for the listeners playing it, though, since we usually only hear half of the first note of the song or some finger-snapping in the intro before hearing "ERICZANE!!" anyhow. Smile
Or for a short time "Heric Zane"
I'm not sure how much it matters because you'll still have to buzz in immediately to beat the guys.

The thing I think is the worst part about the game is that it's harder to hear through your phone than on the radio.

I wish I had got on the other day, there were like 3 songs that nobody knew that were really easy since they're more recent.
The program is called shazaam, and it takes anywhere from 10-15 seconds to identify the song.

It's a pretty sweet program for when you hear a song on a commercial or TV show that you want to buy.
Then when the song goes on for some time and a caller figures it out, I would suspect the software ... especially when the caller has been clueless all along? It would be cool to have a game where the callers had the software and tried it against the show members. Huh, I wonder how that would work ...
I dont know how the program works but I am just guessing that since you are hearing the songs over the phone it wouldnt make a difference. If someone tried to cheat on a song that nobody knew by holding their phone up to the radio, everybody would know because we would all be able to hear the delay.
It's similar to people who used to sit at their computer and try to google "Dumber Than Zane" answers. Even if you can't hear their computer/phone it's pretty obvious when someone sits there forever silently and then just suddenly knows the answer. The guys and the listening audience working together are always able to sniff out cheaters.
I am the irrepressible dark horse.
Film it. Listen to it. Live it. Love it.

All the best,
The Mayor of Awesometown
that program doesnt change anything. first of all, maybe 5% of the audience at most has an iphone with that program. so you might get 1 game a month where the person has an opportunity to cheat. second, you would have to call on a land line or something, then put the earpiece up the iphone so it can hear the song. then it takes quite a while until it recognizes the song - which im not even confident it would be able to do through the tiny phone earpiece. it would be far more effective to just google the lyrics. and again, you wouldnt even get an opportunity to cheat on at least 50% of them because they get them within 2 seconds of the start of the song.
I have that on my HTC Wizard. It takes more than 30 seconds for the phone to even process the information. By that time, Zane is finished with the game.
Best Jerks Ever Wrote:Or for a short time "Heric Zane"

LOL...Ive noticed that too. "HERIC ZANE..... OH SWEET JESUS!!"