Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
28 years since Lennons death.
Ok today , Dec. 8th, is the anniversary of John Lennons death. I thought this would be a good time to have people give their thoughts on him, The Beatles or whatever. Or maybe your favorite Lennon/Beatles songs. Yes I am a huge Beatles fan. I am 26 and truly discovered their music in jr. high. I had tons of albums, documentary movies, posters, clothes, etc. MY favorite songs from him are - Imagine (duh!), Watching the Wheels, Love, Jelous Guy, Mind Games. I have MUCH more but didn't want to overload this with songs. So what about you guys? Are there any other fans out there?
Well, I guess that we all learned a lesson today. That it's what's inside a person that counts. And that on the inside, midgets are thieving little bastards.
I love The Beatles and always will. I love the song Jealous Guy, but my husband thinks its gay. I also love Beautiful Boy (Darling Boy). That part in Mr. Hollands Opus where he sings it to his son in sign language makes me all fruity and weepy, and that is saying alot because I am not a cryer. When it comes to just plain Beatles Music, I love Blackbird and Here Comes the Sun the best of all, but I am a sucker for any Beatles song... more mid-late Beatles stuff rather than early stuff, but it all is good in my book. LOVE the Beatles.
I love The Beatles too!! We have a local rock station (105.9) that does a lot of "Beatles Weekends."
Hey doc, do you know the address of that place?
Oh, you know, I do know the address. It's at the corner of go fuck yourself and buy a map!
If you want to read a funny Lennon story pick up the Aerosmith autobiography "Walk This Way". It's a good read for a lot of reasons but a certain part of it reveals how sly Lennon's sense of humor really was. Let's just say that Yoko's "music" was Lennon's gift to the world in the form of one of the biggest inside jokes ever.
Go fuck yourself. Hard.
Queenie Wrote:I love The Beatles too!! We have a local rock station (105.9) that does a lot of "Beatles Weekends."
We have a local classic rock DJ that you probably have heard his name mentioned on this board in a negative light. He has only done one pretty cool thing that I know of. One time he was asked to leave for a few days because he played an entire Beatles album without stopping for commercials and he obviously did it without permission. I had no idea what was going on but I liked it.
Well, I guess that we all learned a lesson today. That it's what's inside a person that counts. And that on the inside, midgets are thieving little bastards.
105.9 has a Beatles nooner going on right now. You could go to their website and listen live!!
Hey doc, do you know the address of that place?
Oh, you know, I do know the address. It's at the corner of go fuck yourself and buy a map!
I'm not a fan of Mr. Ono. Of the fab 4, he was my least favorite. I give him credit for what he accomplished, but he didn't do it for me.
I'm so goth, I shit bats.
FUSTERCLUCK Wrote:I'm not a fan of Mr. Ono. Of the fab 4, he was my least favorite. I give him credit for what he accomplished, but he didn't do it for me.
I'll admit the older I have gotten he's not my most favorite Beatle anymore, that honor goes to George. As much as I think the world would be better off with his message of worldwide peace and love I think it will never happen and alot of what he said can just be interpreted as ramblings of a hippie. While George promoted this same philosophy I think he had a different style of coming across to people. I think more so than Lennon he tried to live his life as he preached it.
28 years....who? Undecided
"Golf requires goofy pants and a fat ass. You should talk to my neighbor the accountant. Probably a great golfer. Huge ass!"
Howie Feltersnatch Wrote:28 years....who? Undecided

oh, C'mon.....He was bigger than God :Smile

except for that dying and not coming back thing...
jus' P Wrote:except for that dying and not coming back thing...

Nice... +1

I feel dirty now
3/30/2009 1:38 PM Loose Wendy wrote: "I would rather masturbate using a baseball bat wrapped in barbed wire than have sex with Joe."
jus' P Wrote:
Howie Feltersnatch Wrote:28 years....who? Undecided

oh, C'mon.....He was bigger than God :Smile

except for that dying and not coming back thing...

I'm quite certain he was joking... except if he wasn't I would be thoroughly disappointed...
jus' P Wrote:except for that dying and not coming back thing...

LENNON IS COMING BACK???!?!?

woot!

i'm going to hell
"Golf requires goofy pants and a fat ass. You should talk to my neighbor the accountant. Probably a great golfer. Huge ass!"
Jiggy Wrote:
FUSTERCLUCK Wrote:I'm not a fan of Mr. Ono. Of the fab 4, he was my least favorite. I give him credit for what he accomplished, but he didn't do it for me.
I'll admit the older I have gotten he's not my most favorite Beatle anymore, that honor goes to George. As much as I think the world would be better off with his message of worldwide peace and love I think it will never happen and alot of what he said can just be interpreted as ramblings of a hippie. While George promoted this same philosophy I think he had a different style of coming across to people. I think more so than Lennon he tried to live his life as he preached it.

+1 Karma for you. George is by far the "best" Beatle.
I'm so goth, I shit bats.
FUSTERCLUCK Wrote:
Jiggy Wrote:I'll admit the older I have gotten he's not my most favorite Beatle anymore, that honor goes to George. As much as I think the world would be better off with his message of worldwide peace and love I think it will never happen and alot of what he said can just be interpreted as ramblings of a hippie. While George promoted this same philosophy I think he had a different style of coming across to people. I think more so than Lennon he tried to live his life as he preached it.

+1 Karma for you. George is by far the "best" Beatle.
I love his solo stuff. All Things Must Pass is on my top 5 of all time list for albums. ....and thanks for the karma.

+1 to you for having the best avatar on this board. Don't know what the hell it is but it cracks me up every time I see it.
boizalynne Wrote:I also love Beautiful Boy (Darling Boy). That part in Mr. Hollands Opus where he sings it to his son in sign language makes me all fruity and weepy, and that is saying alot because I am not a cryer.

I love that song and that scene myself. In fact I sing that song to my son Cole every night before he goes to sleep. And yes, when i said that name to my wife I thought of that movie.