Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Misplaced in the "big bag"
Every once in a while, the guys will put a song in the big bag of hits that I've heard many times on the radio. (Personally, I think it makes them seem a little out of touch, but oh well.) I'm started a thread of songs that you believe were misidentified as big baggers. (Consider reviewing podcasts if none come to mind.) Remember, songs don't go in the big bag because they're bad but because no one knows them, so don't post songs because you like them; post big baggers that you believe are actually well known. I'll get it started with my post below.
Off the top of my head:

Stabbing Westward - Save Yourself
Mad Season - River of Deceit
Joe picks lots of great songs, they just don't often get airtime.
A lot of people don't stray far from the mainstream, and if they do it's not too wide.
I love hearing an old school punk song from Joe's list.
I consider myself a fan of all kinds of music... but I never heard of either of those songs
Moobs Minger Wrote:Off the top of my head:

Thanks - I know Zane called me a dick for submitting that song to him but cool to see the support from people knowing my reasoning for choosing that song. I usually am one of the regulars submitting songs to Zane (since he's the one who always wins). If he takes my list this week, you'll all love the list I came up with

Those two pissed me off, too. Especially Mad Season. That song was huge! The Buzz in Nashville plays both.
dropkick murphys - "i'm shipping off to boston"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x-64CaD8GXw

george baker selection - "little green bag"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lzMpH9jjo4w

I was surprised about the Stabbing Westward one too. I put that song on my playlist after I heard it on GRD...their own station! I think if they would have let it play longer and gotten past the techno-ish intro they would have at least recognized the song. But they all just sorta gave up and big bagged it. I think they should remove it. Smile
dagwood Wrote:

Those two pissed me off, too. Especially Mad Season. That song was huge! The Buzz in Nashville plays both.

Yeah, I remember GRD in Grand Rapids had River of Deceit in rotation FOREVER.
yeah the stabbing westward song i was very surprised about.

Also on that day, don't think they bagged it but it took FOREVER for them to get was Bush- Machinehead
It wasn't a big bagger but no one knew Far Behind by Candlebox. Though at least they admitted that they SHOULD have know it. I usually only know the songs that no one gets.
When they try to stick a needle in you with the H1N1 flu vaccine this fall...run as fast as you can the other way!
I just remembered a couple of Friday's ago, they put "If I Die Tomorrow" by Motley Crue in the bag. I'm kind of torn as to whether or not this belongs because I remember that it got a lot of play on rock radio when it came out, but it still seems so obscure when you think of Motley Crue.
I was surprised when no one got the Incubus song they played a few weeks ago, I believe it was "Drive". That song was a huge hit. I figured from the music and vocals, a listener would at least get it with an exemption.

mikeoxhard Wrote:Joe picks lots of great songs, they just don't often get airtime.
A lot of people don't stray far from the mainstream, and if they do it's not too wide.
I love hearing an old school punk song from Joe's list.

I agree with what you said, but I'm sure they reason they don't stray from the mainstream is because they're trying to guarantee that the listeners will know most of the songs.
free beer mistakenly called the song plowed by sponge molly a few months ago... then about 3 weeks later they played the song molly and that dick lead the charge to throw the song into the bag!! i was soooooo pissed at him! he was screaming he never heard the song before!
Speaking of song mistakes, did anyone notice they called it "Smile Like You Meant It," by the Killers?
When they try to stick a needle in you with the H1N1 flu vaccine this fall...run as fast as you can the other way!
This was awhile back but I remember they played Karma Police by Radiohead and just trashed it because none of them knew it. That's one I thought most people knew. Or at least a listener could have got it with an exemption.
Well, I guess that we all learned a lesson today. That it's what's inside a person that counts. And that on the inside, midgets are thieving little bastards.
daredevil1 Wrote:Speaking of song mistakes, did anyone notice they called it "Smile Like You Meant It," by the Killers?

I noticed, and so did Joe. You could hear he called it out, but they kind of talked over him and just forgot about it.