Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Move to XM/Sirius
I think it would be expensive but if FBHW did make the jump I'd have to really consider making the switch. Don't know much about it but I assume I'd have to subscribe and buy all new radios right?
Quote of the Day:
"I'm here working for the people. I'm causing dissent, stirring the pot, getting people to question the whole rotten system." - George Costanza
It would be awesome if they could do both. Possibly do the show live on XM then on a one day bleeped out delay for standard.
I'd have to podcast still.
Go fuck yourself. Hard.
I would love for them to be on XM. Then I'd actually have a reason to pay for my monthly subscription.
That's what she said.
I don't have satalite radio but have been tossing the idea around. typically i listen to the guys in the morning and then mp3 player in the afternoon in my truck or stream music on my computer in the office.

I'd totally get satalite radio if they moved
"Golf requires goofy pants and a fat ass. You should talk to my neighbor the accountant. Probably a great golfer. Huge ass!"
I went crazy looking for a way to hear them when 97.5 the hawk went down over a year or 2 ago, I would definately go to sattelite if they went, be alot easier to get a great signal.

I have always considered getting it but never really wanted to shell out a montlhly fee for just radio, but this would definitely be the push.
It matters not how straight the gate, how charged with punishments the scroll.
I am the master of my fate, I am the captain of my soul.
[spoiler]Shit, you took away the black bar. Put it the fuck back now![/spoiler]
Too much hassle for just one show. I would just podcast
I would stick with podcast....but if they did some exclusive broadcasts for sattelite radio i would consider subscribing
I'm thinking now that them making the move to satellite would probably be the straw that broke the camels back kinda thing. There's a number of reasons to get it but this would set it. I wouldn't mind the podcasts but it kind of loses it's luster for me when it's not live.
Quote of the Day:
"I'm here working for the people. I'm causing dissent, stirring the pot, getting people to question the whole rotten system." - George Costanza
As a current Sirius subscriber, I think it'd be great! If they didn't, I'd still keep my subscription anyway.....I listen to the replay of Howard Stern on my lunch break, and Bubba The Love Sponge on my drive home. Of course I only listen to FB&HW in the mornings though! Smile Plus, there are a ton of good music channels.

Btw, XM and Sirius just got the okay last week to proceed with their merger, so for any of you thinking about getting satellite radio in the future, you might want to wait until the new radios are available post-merger.

Also, don't know if many (or any) of you listen/have listened to Bubba The Love Sponge....but he does terrestrial (regular) radio in the mornings in Tampa, but then does the Sirius satellite show in the afternoons. Doing both is possible!
Probably not. I'd probably just wind up podcasting.
I'm already a podcaster, so it wouldn't effect me, but I've been looking for an excuse to get Sirius, and maybe I could in case I wanted to hear the show live for calling-in purposes.
lord please don't give Shaun a reason to spend more money on gadgets! lol
I already have sirius in my cars and the only time I don't listen to satellite is in the morning when FW&HW are on.
Nope, I'd stick with the podcasts for a while, then probably find something new on the alarm clock every morning and eventually make the inevitable migration to the new show "during the commercials".
I have both the podcast and Sirius, so I'd be set if they did decide to go satellite. Like jb, the only time I don't listen to Sirius is when FB&HW are on the air.
Im to cheap to pay for anything I can get for free
Wiener Poopie 2.0! Now fatter and less credible!
i was tossing around the idea of getting xm anyway. If they moved i'd consider it more. I could get highspeed and podcasts for a little more/month but i like to listen live....can't handle listening to old junk...
"Golf requires goofy pants and a fat ass. You should talk to my neighbor the accountant. Probably a great golfer. Huge ass!"
Howie Feltersnatch Wrote:i was tossing

Confusednicker:
Fistor Wrote:
Howie Feltersnatch Wrote:i was tossing

Confusednicker:

[Image: stfu_yoda.jpg]

man...ugly yoda is
Howie Feltersnatch Wrote:
Fistor Wrote:Confusednicker:

[Image: stfu_yoda.jpg]

man...ugly yoda is

That little fellow also uses some really bad language.
:o
I think I'd get the podcast. I don't listen to the radio enough for it to be worth paying for satellite.
Does the FCC regulate XM ? What would the advantages of being on XM be ?
Wowie Groovie !
Titan ! Wrote:Does the FCC regulate XM ? What would the advantages of being on XM be ?
I believe the FCC only regulates (as it pertains to decency standards) radio on the open air ways. Terrestrial radio that is available to all that own a radio. Just as the FCC only really regulates broadcast TV stations such as ABC, CBS, NBC etc, available to all and not HBO, Cinemax and others that you have to pay to get.

I guess their rationale is that you chose to receive satellite/cable and you pay for it where as the rest are public airways.

I think that's the way it is. Anyone else have any input?
Quote of the Day:
Nope. Podcast for me.
I am the irrepressible dark horse.
Film it. Listen to it. Live it. Love it.

All the best,
The Mayor of Awesometown
Would definitely get satellite in a heartbeat if the change would ever happen.
I would find something else to listen to if they ever did that
pants on the ground! pants on the ground!
love the show but they are a free radio type show. cant see anyone offering big money for them to move to satellite
As much as I love the show and would love to follow them to satellite if the move ever happened, I just couldn't justify the expense of new equipment and monthly subscription fees.

I'd hope like hell it continued to be available on podcast, though.
i hope you guys don't stay the way you are please don't get to big
Don't move to satellite...I love hearing "What the EFF!" If it was the actual word it would lose its luster.
beerad08 Wrote:love the show but they are a free radio type show. cant see anyone offering big money for them to move to satellite

Opie and Anthony are on satellite and they suck and simply rip off FB&HW all the time.
forget satellite. it's a dead medium that is bleeding money. Terrestrial radio has beaten it soundly.

eric
Go to bed, you have to get up early tomorrow.
hotwings Wrote:forget satellite. it's a dead medium that is bleeding money. Terrestrial radio has beaten it soundly.

eric
Hey use your own account Zane. What the hell? ;D
Well, I guess that we all learned a lesson today. That it's what's inside a person that counts. And that on the inside, midgets are thieving little bastards.
hotwings Wrote:forget satellite. it's a dead medium that is bleeding money. Terrestrial radio has beaten it soundly.

eric

Amen Brother....and if the sound you pay for isn't of good quality you get to speak with someone in Indonesia for hours about it and get nowhere and then get sent to effing Best Buy to have them eff w/ your car and rewire crap and eff up your car heater and everything else.
i have been a relatively long term Howard listener before shifting over to FB&HW. and i thought Howard going over to Sirius was gonna be awesome...however, there is a lot of creativity and punch lost when one doesn't have to self edit themselves on the fly.

would suck a dick be funnier than "eat a veiner?"

or

take a shit be funnier than "drop a wrinkler?"

to me, howard lost his allure when he was let off the chain, i fear FB&HW would suffer the same fate if they switched. though (and i love them) i'd be surprised if someone was ponying up the money for another talk radio channel on xm/sirius.