Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
hobbies
what are some things you like to do in your spare time?

play guitar
play drums
write music
part time sony athlete
fish (mainly walleye and bass)
drive me boat fast (18.6 skeeter 1850DV walleye boat with a 175 hp yamaha)
collecting rare tool stuff
life savers candy only really work if you have diabetes
imatoolhed46n2//imatoolhed dudeguy
TOYKO!! R.I.P. the alien gus
golf when its warm *sigh*
pants on the ground! pants on the ground!
crossword/seek and find puzzles
counted cross stitch
swim
Play Dungeons and Dragons, Settlers of Catan and other associated nerdery. And yes, I have had sex ...with a woman. More than once. Wink
Crochet, Knitting, Quilting, Sewing, Hatchlings, Needlepoint, Music, Nintendo Wii playing, Reading, Education, Napping is a favorite hobby, collecting stylized Rubber Duckies, Playing Computerized Games, Debate, Chess.
write music, drum, play concerts with my band, go to concerts, listen to music, play video games, snowboard, build and work with computers, and photography.

eat it.
Watching any sport really but mainly football, hockey and basketball. Playing video games. I collected a lot of Beatles stuff in high school and am starting to get back into that. I'm starting guitar lessons. I like making movies too. I'm saving up for the equipment I need to do what I really want with it. I would like to work on the side eventually making movies of people's events.
Well, I guess that we all learned a lesson today. That it's what's inside a person that counts. And that on the inside, midgets are thieving little bastards.
When I find that I have spare time I go find a job to fill it.
That's what she said.
What I love doing more than any other hobby (and I haven't had time to do it at all lately) is write. My dream job is to be a comedy television writer, but it's a tough business to break into.

Other hobbies include anything artistic, pretending I know how to play acoustic guitar, and feigning the ability to be a Mr. Fix-it type around the house. I also enjoy fishing, boating, camping, and traveling.

I used to be a huge Flight Simulator nerd (even began construction on a fully functional cockpit simulator), but I haven't played in a few years, just because I haven't had time. Sad
Madden 2009
Apparently, without really intending to, I've started collecting baseball memorbillia.
Oh, I forgot about that...as my passion for television writing developed, somewhere along the way I started collecting props, scripts and a little bit of television memorabilia too. It's the decor in my theater room.
Play with the dog.

Take it as you will.
Play softball all summer. Hunt all through fall and into the spring. I mix in work when I can....
dolph Wrote:Play with the dog.

Take it as you will.

Red Rocket!
Cars and guitars.
18th century reenacting, aka living history
sunshyne Wrote:18th century reenacting, aka living history

Just one small step away from LARPING...
Mostly kid activities:

Cubscouts
T-ball

some adult stuff:

Drinking
Dirtbikes
(never together)
"Golf requires goofy pants and a fat ass. You should talk to my neighbor the accountant. Probably a great golfer. Huge ass!"
potthole Wrote:
sunshyne Wrote:18th century reenacting, aka living history

Just one small step away from LARPING...

No that is pretty much LARPing, just sans the need to throw balls of tin foil yelling "LIGHTNING BOLT" over and over again. 18th century re-enacters would be just as angry if a group of people showed up to their little shindig dressed as storm troopers as a bunch of LARPers would.

Actually i guess that is one of my hobbies, ruining an LARP experience for others. I used to do it at college all the time because we had this group of LARPers who would go at it in the dead center of campus near the student center every wednesday afternoon.
[Image: reverse_euphemisms.png]
That's what she said.
providencecrow Wrote:
potthole Wrote:Just one small step away from LARPING...

No that is pretty much LARPing, just sans the need to throw balls of tin foil yelling "LIGHTNING BOLT" over and over again. 18th century re-enacters would be just as angry if a group of people showed up to their little shindig dressed as storm troopers as a bunch of LARPers would.

Actually i guess that is one of my hobbies, ruining an LARP experience for others. I used to do it at college all the time because we had this group of LARPers who would go at it in the dead center of campus near the student center every wednesday afternoon.

lol, what ever, I worked at a state park for awhile, and people like you would come in and try to be smart assed, it never bothered me. I know people find my hobby as stupid as I find paying hundreds of dollars for a high priced golf club, or being a nascar fan, or collecting basket ball memorabillia, or many other hobbies that I would never spend a dime on. I like what I do and I have enough manners to at least respect whatever hobby you do.
Whatever....

larper
3/30/2009 1:38 PM Loose Wendy wrote: "I would rather masturbate using a baseball bat wrapped in barbed wire than have sex with Joe."
I think rock monsters hobby is being a pot stirrer Smile
My other hobby is target shooting, hand guns, shot guns, AR 15s, what ever I decide to pull out of the house. Thinking about getting into competition shooting, and making it a serious hobby.
sunshyne Wrote:I think rock monsters hobby is being a pot stirrer Smile

[Image: captain%20obvious.jpg]

Wink
3/30/2009 1:38 PM Loose Wendy wrote: "I would rather masturbate using a baseball bat wrapped in barbed wire than have sex with Joe."
sunshyne Wrote:...collecting basket ball memorabillia...

Ok, now you've entered LARP status in my book. Anybody who spells basketball as two words, as was common in yesteryear, is a little too into a hobby. Wink
sunshyne Wrote:
providencecrow Wrote:No that is pretty much LARPing, just sans the need to throw balls of tin foil yelling "LIGHTNING BOLT" over and over again. 18th century re-enacters would be just as angry if a group of people showed up to their little shindig dressed as storm troopers as a bunch of LARPers would.

lol, what ever, I worked at a state park for awhile, and people like you would come in and try to be smart assed, it never bothered me. I know people find my hobby as stupid as I find paying hundreds of dollars for a high priced golf club, or being a nascar fan, or collecting basket ball memorabillia, or many other hobbies that I would never spend a dime on. I like what I do and I have enough manners to at least respect whatever hobby you do.

That's definitely a bit more realistic than the people i used to terrorize on campus who would not break character to save their lives. I remember one time we did the "obnoxious loud cell phone talker" thing near them and they would be saying things like "What is that magical device he is speaking into?", but the best was and ill never forget it verbatim: "What kind of magic requires one to yell into a device in order to cast a spell of communication?"

I always wanted to go in and hit one of them in the leg with a crowbar to see if they would break character to call an ambulance or if they would want to send the guy to the nearest barber, but the whole assault charges thing kept me from doing so.
potthole Wrote:
sunshyne Wrote:...collecting basket ball memorabillia...

Ok, now you've entered LARP status in my book. Anybody who spells basketball as two words, as was common in yesteryear, is a little too into a hobby. Wink

simply a typing error Smile they didn't have basketball in the 18th century
sunshyne Wrote:they didn't have basketball in the 18th century

That I know, I just had to stretch time a little bit because back in the early days basketball (and baseball) was often spelled as two seperate words. Work with me here! :Smile
i stare at pics of Allyson. stare hard.

so hard.
I have tons of hobbies, but I never stick with them for very long, mainly because I have the attention span of a 4 year-old. The only 2 things that keep my attention for more than 2 minutes at a time is reading and playing video games. I love to draw and paint and crochet and knit and all kinds of other things, but I rarely finish anything.
"I'm glad to see those 'Worthless Whore' lessons turned out well for you."
I enjoy crossword puzzles, and general word puzzles (codewords, crytograms, crostics, anagrams, etc.).
Hey doc, do you know the address of that place?
Oh, you know, I do know the address. It's at the corner of go fuck yourself and buy a map!
My latest hobby is planning for my wedding this fall.
Everyday you reinvent yourself into a bigger cock-shite than ever. It's incredible. I don't know how you do it. I admire you.

I think that this situation absolutely requires a really futile and stupid gesture be done on somebody's part.
Queenie Wrote:I enjoy crossword puzzles, and general word puzzles (codewords, crytograms, crostics, anagrams, etc.).

I have been doing tons of Sudoku puzzles lately, I'm getting pretty good at the easy ones, I might have to move up to moderate
Added another piece to the baseball memorbilla collection:

[Image: 3197641447_73f1d56709.jpg]

The local ballpark is replacing all the box seats prior to the new season, and put some of the old ones up for sale. I can't even begin to count the memories and the times spent there cheering on future Detroit Tigers, so this was a great purchase.

They will fit in quite nicely with the Tiger Stadium seats we got about a year ago:

[Image: 1583735662_fc3f21e277.jpg]
(Photo taken before I got a chance to clean them up.)
potthole Wrote:Apparently, without really intending to, I've started collecting baseball memorbillia.

For some reason this really amused me (your wording).

Main hobby since 2001 is playing The Sims (sims2 for the last 4). I have a website with a friend, she recolors objects and I build lots to share with other players.
http://seriouslyamusedsims.com/
I am such a nerd for the game that I was a SimMaster on the official site for a bit over a year.

Cooking. I only have weekends to really play in the kitchen, used to work in the restaurant and health food industry as a cook and recipe developer.

Collecting mid-century-modern (MCM for those in the know) decor items, usually aquired via eBay.

Example of a mid-century item - lucite grapes for the coffee table:

[Image: pinkgrapecluster.jpg]

Aluminum Christmas tree (this is ours last year):

[Image: RetroTree1.jpg]

Collecting vintage Barbie - also via eBay.
The White Zone is for loading and unloading only. If you have to load or unload, go to the White Zone. You'll love it. It's a way of life.
whatwouldzappasay Wrote:
potthole Wrote:Apparently, without really intending to, I've started collecting baseball memorbillia.

For some reason this really amused me (your wording).

I wondered if anybody would notice the wording. I've always loved baseball, and loved baseball memorbillia, but I never really felt like putting the money into getting hardcore with collecting it.

Over the past couple of years, however, I've slowly started to do just that- a pair of Tiger Stadium seats here, and old 1940's baseball glove there. Next thing I know, I've got the starts to a collection going on!
Oh good. I was hoping you wouldn't take my comment the wrong way.

So, go ahead and tell me my kitsch crap is great. Big Grin
The White Zone is for loading and unloading only. If you have to load or unload, go to the White Zone. You'll love it. It's a way of life.