Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Music has turned to shit in the last decade.
random song about "she thinks my tractor is sexy"
what in the flying shit is that!? It's like some guy they picked up and told to troll the South.
WHich i am convinced is what all Country is now. especially Toby Keith..well maybe he just escaped from prison.

Rap is only been held together by MF DOOM and Danger Mouse and whichever members of Wu-Tang are still kicking it.

Metal/Rock -aside from the same bands who've been around and haven't hung up the guitar yet...pfft. Not a decent band in the mainstream. And Indie doesn't matter because if they were good they'd get signed.

Bleep Bloop Music - I still listen to the same people. I can't even find new Industrial bands. Though Combichrist and Daft Punk/Justice are the best it gets so it doesn't matter.
Make your own music then prick! :lol:
Wiener Poopie 2.0! Now fatter and less credible!
I have. and it is better than anything else. ever.
my band is so awesome it's name is said to bring about world wars.
which is why it is never written or spoken.
I agree with you, Dok.

Pop music in general is fucking AWFUL. Even in the 80's, pop music was actually catchy and decent. In 10 years no one will even remember these idiots which makes me incredibly happy.
Yup. though i've never liked Pop.
it's always just really shitty over-produced horseshit slapped together from samples of better people.
Oh I hate pop music. I just refer to it because that's what the general American public is blasting on their stereos nowadays. This is the music that's defining this generation. Seriously?
It's terrible.
What's worse is that the next generation will look on this one with their bluetooth in the ears of everyone, going green hippie bullshit, arguing over the most subpar unnecessary politics with utter disgust.

ugh . It's sickening. The herd needs to be thinned. Swine Flu should've only affected certain age groups.
Love it!!

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FabM1RJTkrY[/youtube]
Hey doc, do you know the address of that place?
Oh, you know, I do know the address. It's at the corner of go fuck yourself and buy a map!
I agree with DOK for once....
weird...
it's true though, music has gone downhill... you godda know you're getting old when stuff you consider 'GOOD' is on classic rock stations... now that KLQ is gone, I usually listen to FOXSmile
Music had started to completely suck. I completely stopped listening to current music for at least five years. People looked at me funny for not knowing what was going on, but, really, what WAS going on?
"I'm glad to see those 'Worthless Whore' lessons turned out well for you."
I thought for sure I was going to come into this thread and drop some bands that came around recently that still know how to play music, but as soon as I got here, I realized that I can't name a band I like that got big within the last 5-10 years. I agree with Mark, I can't wait for all these crap bands to be forgotten.
The only band I can name that I actually like from the last 5-10 years is Kings of Leon, and even more specifically pre popular Kings of Leon. I also like Pop Evil but that is more because they are from GR and I have seen them many times and it is cool to see a local band do well nationally.
"What you are about to see is top secret. Do not tell my mother."
I listen to metal mostly and have avoided pop like th plague for years and years.
"Sir, You need to get out of your car, there is a train comming."
"Why ummm... uhhh did you ummm... feel the need to errrrr, god why can't I type!!"
Good Jorb, MD.
I try to find new bands that don't generally make the "mainstream" because 7 times out of 10 they play better music anyway.
"What you are about to see is top secret. Do not tell my mother."
zdunklee Wrote:I try to find new bands that don't generally make the "mainstream" because 7 times out of 10 they play better music anyway.

Agreed, my 5 favorite bands very rarely get radio play.
Wiener Poopie Wrote:
zdunklee Wrote:I try to find new bands that don't generally make the "mainstream" because 7 times out of 10 they play better music anyway.

Agreed, my 5 favorite bands very rarely get radio play.

you rarely get play either....well straight play
"Golf requires goofy pants and a fat ass. You should talk to my neighbor the accountant. Probably a great golfer. Huge ass!"
Howie Feltersnatch Wrote:you rarely get play either....well straight play

I get so much play my diet is all Gatorade to replenish my liquids!
Wiener Poopie Wrote:

do you spunk blue raspberry? or G2 watermelon?
"Golf requires goofy pants and a fat ass. You should talk to my neighbor the accountant. Probably a great golfer. Huge ass!"
Howie Feltersnatch Wrote:
Wiener Poopie Wrote:

do you spunk blue raspberry? or G2 watermelon?

Strawberry banana old man
for the most part yeah, music is shit anymore, in all genres, country, rap, and rock have lost the wit in the lyrics, and for some reason people feel the need to make too many different sounds in the music instead of keeping with simple beats and rhythms. There are of course exceptions to the rule. Dragonforce kicks ass, but they've been out for a while. as someone said pop evil, they have some good songs, but they aren't great. Pop music in general has a lot of problems so i wont even get into that. Rap has lost a lot of it's charm from what it should be, now there are some underground rappers that have a lot of tallent, but everyone wants the watered down shit you hear on the radio. Country has went from a lot of witty artist to a lot of pop sounding shitballs, now there are still some out there making good songs, brad paisley, darius rucker, trace adkins, and people like that. then you have some like toby kieth who are starting to sound generic compared to what they used to be.
It matters not how straight the gate, how charged with punishments the scroll.
I am the master of my fate, I am the captain of my soul.
[spoiler]Shit, you took away the black bar. Put it the fuck back now![/spoiler]
When I was a kid back in the 70's, My best friend and I had a theory that nobody would be able to write any good songs any more because every thing that could have been written about was all ready wrote, and thus, music would soon turn to shit.
"Sir, You need to get out of your car, there is a train comming."
"Why ummm... uhhh did you ummm... feel the need to errrrr, god why can't I type!!"