Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Show members posting
I have seen this mentioned in a few different threads, things like "why won't Hotwings post?" or "isn't Joe going to Post?"

I have a question for that question.

Do they really have to?

Seriously, these guys run a 5 hour radio show, and do local things in listening areas. Yeah if they want I am sure they are more than welcome here. What difference would it make if Joe chimed in on his 4th of July weekend, or if Hotwings would label his 5 favorite movies of all time? I am sure if they wanted to post they would. Other than that why bother worrying about it?
It matters not how straight the gate, how charged with punishments the scroll.
I am the master of my fate, I am the captain of my soul.
[spoiler]Shit, you took away the black bar. Put it the fuck back now![/spoiler]
Yes they really have to because it makes us starstruck and feel special.
They log on and read on a regular basis, I say that's good enough. Shows they're interested about what's going on here.
If I were them I wouldn't post here.
Go fuck yourself. Hard.
I'm with you Biff . . . I wouldn't even begin to get in some of these crazy conversations!!
Hey doc, do you know the address of that place?
Oh, you know, I do know the address. It's at the corner of go fuck yourself and buy a map!
It's just a message board.
jus' P Wrote:It's just a message board.

Just a message board with a few psychos on it.
Hey doc, do you know the address of that place?
Oh, you know, I do know the address. It's at the corner of go fuck yourself and buy a map!
Well at least I know I'm not the only one that think it is pointless to whine that they are not posting.
They should be saving their material for the show. If they expel all of it here, what is left to talk about on air?
What you know you can't explain, but you feel it. You've felt it your entire life, that there's something wrong with the world. You don't know what it is, but it's there, like a splinter in your mind, driving you mad.
Those whiney threads annoy me. If the guys want to post, they will. I just think it's great that they care enough to want to see what's going on here.
.....Now I'm starting to wonder why I even post on a forum.... This is like crazy brain mind washing.
Philly Mike Wrote:Well at least I know I'm not the only one that think it is pointless to whine that they are not posting.

I agree, but they do read everyday, I say that is as good a reason as any to keep posting
Derek Wrote:I agree, but they do read everyday, I say that is as good a reason as any to keep posting

Not to mention that you never know if and when a comment you make will be read on-air!
potthole Wrote:
Derek Wrote:I agree, but they do read everyday, I say that is as good a reason as any to keep posting

Not to mention that you never know if and when a comment you make will be read on-air!

Those are all good points, plus isn't the whole point of a message board to get like minded individuals together based off a common bond.

I always thought the point of the FBHW board was to just have a place for all us listeners to get together and talk about the show or whatever else we want to talk about. Yes some of the guys post once in a while, but that shouldn't change the purpose of what this is supposed to be about. If you really think of it, it is a surprise that they post at all considering they were hesitant to even mention it on the air let alone join in on it.

There is another plus to the message board too, it is more of an instant feedback and show of support for certain things even more so than email. With email they only get each persons single opinion, here people have discussion over the topics.

All in all I feel that the whole point of this is just to have fun, so why worry about anything more, just enjoy it for what it is. ;D
Now, Mike... if only we could get you as good at sports trivia as you are at making good points in conversations! Wink
potthole Wrote:Now, Mike... if only we could get you as good at sports trivia as you are at making good points in conversations! Wink

I hope you aren't getting me confused with the other guy mikefromphilly, he is the one that lost like 8 times or whatever it was. I on the other hand would never call in for sportier than thou, I know for a fact that sports are not my forte. Now if it was DTZ I would stand a better chance, general stupid knoweldge is more my bag.
I love this board, and most of the regulars who post here. It's fun and I think that in it's short existence we've developed something of a community. It's a ton of fun to discuss the various issues here, and to laugh at and with and in turn make all of you laugh with all of the various idiocy that weve posted.

However, the MAIN reason we all came here is that we're fans of THE FREE BEER AND HOT WINGS MORNING SHOW

Whenever one of the guys, (or one of those hot hot female interns) post here, it's kind of like a gold star moment. They become part of the community that adores them.

Kind of like William Shatner showing up at a Star Trek convention without notice. Only cooler.
Wowie Groovie !
Philly Mike Wrote:
potthole Wrote:Now, Mike... if only we could get you as good at sports trivia as you are at making good points in conversations! Wink

I hope you aren't getting me confused with the other guy mikefromphilly, he is the one that lost like 8 times or whatever it was. I on the other hand would never call in for sportier than thou, I know for a fact that sports are not my forte. Now if it was DTZ I would stand a better chance, general stupid knoweldge is more my bag.

Ah crap. I was getting you confused. Entire joke ruined. This is the perfect time for one of those Price is Right drops.
potthole Wrote:
Philly Mike Wrote:I hope you aren't getting me confused with the other guy mikefromphilly, he is the one that lost like 8 times or whatever it was. I on the other hand would never call in for sportier than thou, I know for a fact that sports are not my forte. Now if it was DTZ I would stand a better chance, general stupid knoweldge is more my bag.

Ah crap. I was getting you confused. Entire joke ruined. This is the perfect time for one of those Price is Right drops.

It's all good, your not the first, and probably won't be the last. Too many Mikes that live in Philly.