Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
End of the World!
Is anyone here preparing for the end of the world? I know ill probabally be gone before that happens (rapture) but what do you people think
I don't prepare for anything lol... I've re-learned the last week or so that life is fragile and fleeting... Use it or lose it...
I know the date used to be Dec 12, 2012, which was my birthday. I thought that could possibly be apretty exciting brithdayl.
If the world is ending, I'm going to set up a lawn chair and grab myself an ice cold beer.
Stretched Spider Wrote:If the world is ending, I'm going to set up a lawn chair and grab myself an ice cold beer.

Even though I haven't smoked in years, I would probably add a huge joint just for Effs sakes
Stretched Spider Wrote:If the world is ending, I'm going to set up a lawn chair and grab myself an ice cold beer.

I'd probably shit my pants and cry like a girl.
I'll probably get up and go to work like any other day.
The guy who called about this earlier this morning did not have his facts straight. Firstly, I do not believe anyone can predict the end of times, it can be tomorrow just as easily as December 2012.

But, the Mayans were EXCLELLENT at math, ..trig, geometry, and the proof is in the highly dynamic measurements needed for their pyramid formations and waterway designs. And also, it has been proven that they were very knowledgeable in astronomy.
(I mean, what the hell else did they have to do? They didn't have TV or internet!) Smile

Fact:
They knew the sun moved around in the galaxy. It not only moves around, but it also moves up and down. It moves into and out of the central spiral. There's a good possibility that they (using there math skills) could have predicted the next time the sun would come back down into the main buldge of the spiral of the Milky Way.

Why is this relevant?

Because, when you look at the milky way what do you see? Stars and gas, that's why you see the disk. Our solar system is neatly tucked away in the outer 1/3rd of a spiral arm, and ABOVE the main concentration of stars that light up our portion of the spiral arm. (well above)
But we are currently on the way back down into the main disk, (where all the stars are).
This has been proven by scientists.

It has also been proven that we should be getting near the central spiral around 2012-20.
We are talking about HUGE distances here, so the years could be longer....but in astrological terms it's a drop in the bucket.

There-in lies the problem. Once we begin to creep near the central buldge we'll be getting closer to other stars, which in turn also have gravity, which will pull any massive rocks from outside our Heliosheath (outside solar system) flinging into the inner solar system once the rock is released from the pull of their gravity. This happens after we get passed any close by star...our sun will pull the rock back towards us...it'll be similar to a shooting gallery. And guess who's the targets.
So that's the problem with going back into the main concentration of stars in the disk.

Another problem, which the guy on the phone was "somewhat" discussing this morning was planets lining up. Well, it's not that simple. What he meant to say was that there will come a point when our sun, and a few inner planets, plus our moon, will line up with the monsterous black hole located in the center of our galaxy. That in conjuction with any and all gravity from other stars in between us and the black hole could produce tremendous strains on the earth's inner mantle and or core. Hypothetically speaking, it could produce volcanic activity of which we've never seen (and won't again if it happens). This is proven with Jupiter's moon IO, it's extreme geologic activity is the result of tidal heating from friction generated within Io's interior by Jupiter's varying pull of gravity.
It has been proven that volcanoes can produce so much ash and dust into the atmosphere that it would kill all vegetation on Earth...no sun light can penetrate the dust I'm speaking of. Therefore with no vegetation, and no sun light, anything living above ground would surely perish.

So either way you put it, the Mayans probably did in fact know more than we would like to admit because they were well versed in Astronomy. But even with that knowledge you cannot predict EXACTLY when any one event may take place....but make no mistake, events have happened before and they will happen again.

It's not a question of if, but a question of when.
Bo Nerdasuck Wrote:The guy who called about this earlier this morning did not have his facts straight. Firstly, I do not believe anyone can predict the end of times, it can be tomorrow just as easily as December 2012.

But, the Mayans were EXCLELLENT at math, ..trig, geometry, and the proof is in the highly dynamic measurements needed for their pyramid formations and waterway designs. And also, it has been proven that they were very knowledgeable in astronomy.
(I mean, what the hell else did they have to do? They didn't have TV or internet!) Smile

Fact:
They knew the sun moved around in the galaxy. It not only moves around, but it also moves up and down. It moves into and out of the central spiral. There's a good possibility that they (using there math skills) could have predicted the next time the sun would come back down into the main buldge of the spiral of the Milky Way.

Why is this relevant?

Because, when you look at the milky way what do you see? Stars and gas, that's why you see the disk. Our solar system is neatly tucked away in the outer 1/3rd of a spiral arm, and ABOVE the main concentration of stars that light up our portion of the spiral arm. (well above)
But we are currently on the way back down into the main disk, (where all the stars are).

It has also been proven that we should be getting near the central spiral around 2012-20.
We are talking about Huge-a-Dumb-Ass distances here, so the years could be longer....but in astrological terms it's a drop in the bucket.

There-in lies the problem. Once we begin to creep near the central buldge we'll be getting closer to other stars, which in turn also have gravity, which will pull any massive rocks from outside our Heliosheath (outside solar system) flinging into the inner solar system once the rock is released from the pull of their gravity. This happens after we get passed any close by star...our sun will pull the rock back towards us...it'll be similar to a shooting gallery. And guess who's the targets.
So that's the problem with going back into the main concentration of stars in the disk.

Another problem, which the guy on the phone was "somewhat" discussing this morning was planets lining up. Well, it's not that simple. What he meant to say was that there will come a point when our sun, and a few inner planets, plus our moon, will line up with the monsterous black hole located in the center of our galaxy. That in conjuction with any and all gravity from other stars in between us and the black hole could produce tremendous strains on the earth's inner mantle and or core. Hypothetically speaking, it could produce volcanic activity of which we've never seen (and won't again if it happens). This is proven with Jupiter's moon IO, it's extreme geologic activity is the result of tidal heating from friction generated within Io's interior by Jupiter's varying pull of gravity.
It has been proven that volcanoes can produce so much ash and dust into the atmosphere that it would kill all vegetation on Earth...no sun light can penetrate the dust I'm speaking of. Therefore with no vegetation, and no sun light, anything living above ground would surely perish.

So either way you put it, the Mayans probably did in fact know more than we would like to admit because they were well versed in Astronomy. But even with that knowledge you cannot predict EXACTLY when any one event may take place....but make no mistake, events have happened before and they will happen again.

I love you, you have just said everything I wanted to say but am way too lazy. (And you sound like you know a lot more than me)
Thanks, Bo. I just shat myself.
Derek Wrote:
Bo Nerdasuck Wrote:The guy who called about this earlier this morning did not have his facts straight. Firstly, I do not believe anyone can predict the end of times, it can be tomorrow just as easily as December 2012.

Fact:

Why is this relevant?

We are talking about Huge-a-Dumb-Ass-a-Dumb-Ass distances here, so the years could be longer....but in astrological terms it's a drop in the bucket.

I love you, you have just said everything I wanted to say but am way too lazy. (And you sound like you know a lot more than me)

HAHA, you're welcome man. I just had a few minutes before work. I tried to call this morning, I was going to tell them all of that, but the call screener said that they're moving on.

I didn't want to scare anyone, but hell, it's better than NOT knowing this could very well happen.
Oh I agree, I knew about this, not to the extent or as well-versed as you, but I knew. And I am not to worried. I think crazy astronomical events are cool, so even if the world does end, this would be cool.
Derek Wrote:so even if the world does end, this would be cool.

Bass players. :Smile
the history channel special on the Mayan doomsday prediction has left me terrified. The Mayans were expert astronomers, they came up with our calender and concept of time. They predicted such events as WWII and 911. They noted 911 as "a day of change" and also similar notes for the war. It's real scary to think about what might happen :[.
If i didn't listen to the podcast i would have definitely called in today when they were talking about people saving up food for the end of the world. My boss has been saving up extra food for about a year now, he says its in case a war breaks out, he wants about a 3-month supply of food should anything happen. He's also purchased a .45 and .22 "just in case". We all call him crazy Smile I understand being prepared but he goes wayyyy over the edge.
Kate Wrote:the history channel special on the Mayan doomsday prediction has left me terrified. The Mayans were expert astronomers, they came up with our calender and concept of time. They predicted such events as WWII and 911. They noted 911 as "a day of change" and also similar notes for the war. It's real scary to think about what might happen :[.

I too saw that documentary and it scared the eff out of me. There was another documentary called 2012: Doomsday, I believe its on YouTube, and it gave many more reasons why the world will end in 2012. basically, in every culture around the world it is predicted that the world will end in 2012, not just the Mayans. For instance, an ancient chinese book that people use to get advice predicts the world will end in 2012. Now, it doesnt actually say this, but some guy figured some mathmematical way that the book creates a line chart, going up and down in accordance with world events (ex. the line dipps during WWII), when does this timeline end? december 21, 2012.

Another example is Nostradamus, if you saw the lost book of nostradamus documentary you would of saw that in the last picture of his book it predicts the world ending on december 21, 2012.

Also, Merlin in England (the real Merlin not the made up one in the King Arthur stories) predicted the world ending in 2012. Some native american tribes also predicted the world ending in 2012. And of course some people think the bible also says the world ends in 2012.

As you can see I watch a lot of history channel.
I was in charge of the toilet paper department at Wal-Mart during the Y2K scam. We sold so many to morons thinking they'd never be able to buy it again, it was hilarious. PLEASE, PLEASE, let's get the morons to believe the world is ending and to stock up again!
ashleykme Wrote:I was in charge of the toilet paper department at Wal-Mart during the Y2K scam. We sold so many to morons thinking they'd never be able to buy it again, it was hilarious. PLEASE, PLEASE, let's get the morons to believe the world is ending and to stock up again!
The fear of a catastrophic event is a great way to boost the economy and to increase the sale of Pop-Tarts! ;D
ashleykme Wrote:I was in charge of the toilet paper department at Wal-Mart during the Y2K scam. We sold so many to morons thinking they'd never be able to buy it again, it was hilarious. PLEASE, PLEASE, let's get the morons to believe the world is ending and to stock up again!

If i was dumb enough to do that, after i realized y2k was bogus id be going on a mad tp-ing spree. All of new jersey would be covered.
I thought we were going to be discussing R.E.M in this thread. Sad

(I didn't catch this segment)
What you know you can't explain, but you feel it. You've felt it your entire life, that there's something wrong with the world. You don't know what it is, but it's there, like a splinter in your mind, driving you mad.
Kate Wrote:the history channel special on the Mayan doomsday prediction has left me terrified. The Mayans were expert astronomers, they came up with our calender and concept of time. They predicted such events as WWII and 911. They noted 911 as "a day of change" and also similar notes for the war. It's real scary to think about what might happen :[.

Like the skeptics said on that documentary "Hindsight is a great tool of prediction......you're always right." My point is, you can make anything say what you want it to say and with the benefit of the said event already over and done with, it makes it even easier.

Trust me, leave the pop tarts in the store......Unless you really like pop tarts.
just put on some floyd and see what happens
If the world did end it would be like that episode of family guy where they went into the twinkie factory, because those nasty things live forever.
"At minimum you need a rifle and pistol for every member of your family. The Glock pistol is the hands-down winner for accuracy and reliability. As to rifles, if you are poorer than dirt, scrape up $100 and buy a Lee-Enfield .303 rifle. Be sure to have a minimum of 25 magazines per rifle and ten per pistol." -Bostons Gun Bible
2012 or not, something's coming. Be ready. An armed man is a citizen. An unarmed man is a subject.
theterribletwist Wrote:
The fear of a catastrophic event is a great way to boost the economy and to increase the sale of Pop-Tarts! ;D

mmmmmmm poptarts....
Fistor Wrote:

I'd probably shit my pants and cry like a girl.

Yeah but be honest man, isn't that just a typical Tuesday for you ?
Wowie Groovie !
bombsaway Wrote:"At minimum you need a rifle and pistol for every member of your family. The Glock pistol is the hands-down winner for accuracy and reliability. As to rifles, if you are poorer than dirt, scrape up $100 and buy a Lee-Enfield .303 rifle. Be sure to have a minimum of 25 magazines per rifle and ten per pistol." -Bostons Gun Bible
2012 or not, something's coming. Be ready. An armed man is a citizen. An unarmed man is a subject.

And a bunch of armed paranoid men is danger to all.
ratrad Wrote:And a bunch of armed paranoid men is danger to all.

64,999,987 firearms owners killed no one yesterday.
Wow! Really? So glad not a single person was killed by a firearm yesterday!
bombsaway Wrote:
ratrad Wrote:And a bunch of armed paranoid men is danger to all.

64,999,987 firearms owners killed no one yesterday.

HAHA!
I LOVE IT!

Guns don't kill people, stupid mother 'effers with guns kill people.

Now listen, back to the Mayans, and god forbid we delve into the subject of Nostradumbass.

The Mayans were absolutely brilliant, I will never say otherwise. Simply brilliant.

Place your thoughts on this one...why didn't they invision cool stuff like the microwave or the remote control?? Why never anything fun, always disaster??

Because disasters stick in peoples mind and keeps long lasting memories ingrained in people. Not to mention they're a guarantee. It's a safe bet something bad will happen, the world's population is FILLED with morons....sh!t happens.

There is no scientific PROOF that any of these predictions hold water. You can list examples out the wazoo, but for each you can give another example of something similar that could have meant the same thing.

I'm not going to say there's no such thing as psychics, anything is possible, plus they've been written about for centuries...but even they admit that they can be wrong. And are most often dissproved.

I'm simply saying that I wouldn't put too much steak into a prophecy or a calendar that was written or "chipped" in stone by groups of people that didn't know the remote control was coming.

Smile
Nostradamus is definitely not one to take too seriously. Even the ones he got "right" you had to pretty much twist it around to make it so.

Hey the world might end in 2012, it might end today. Either way, not a lot I can do about it, so why worry? Any of could already be dead by then anyway, or we all could live to be 100. Even still, we're going to die someday.
residentialevil Wrote:Nostradamus is definitely not one to take too seriously. Even the ones he got "right" you had to pretty much twist it around to make it so.

Hey the world might end in 2012, it might end today. Either way, not a lot I can do about it, so why worry? Any of could already be dead by then anyway, or we all could live to be 100. Even still, we're going to die someday.

Exactly my thought! Plan for the future, live for the day!
Wiener Poopie 2.0! Now fatter and less credible!
wienerpoopie Wrote:
residentialevil Wrote:Nostradamus is definitely not one to take too seriously. Even the ones he got "right" you had to pretty much twist it around to make it so.

Exactly my thought! Plan for the future, live for the day!

WEEEE NAH POOOOP EEEE
LOL

I agree, live for the day!
VIVA LA TACO BELL
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C0_aFU4Yjj8

henry phillips (comedian) has a good song about the end of the world
jus' P Wrote:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C0_aFU4Yjj8

henry phillips (comedian) has a good song about the end of the world

He is pretty funny. Good one. I think i'll give you my exalt for the hour.
Hey doc, do you know the address of that place?
Oh, you know, I do know the address. It's at the corner of go fuck yourself and buy a map!
December 21st is the winter solstice. In 2012 on December 21st, the planets are supposed to line up with the solar system and something is going to shift within the earth's axis, knocking the earths alignment off. This happens once in a very long time. It's supposed to have devastating effects but as the Mayans put it, it's not the END OF THE WORLD, it's the beginning of a new era and there is a population that is going to survive. The Mayans wern't the only ones that predicted this. The Ancient Chinese did as well....Look it up on Youtube. There's some good stuff on there.