Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What ever happened to (blank)
Hey guys and gals, I wanted to start a thread for things that used to be on the show that have slowly faded off the show and make you later say, "hey, whatever happened to ________?"

Some of the more obvious things like the Failure Report get their own threads, but there are some less obvious things that slip under the radar.

For example, the thing that inspired this thread was that they used to have an intro with clips from "School of Rock." I haven't heard that in a long time. In fact, I bet there are other intros that no longer get played.
I miss Zane yelling "Who?" when the WHWT voiceover starts out the segment.
“I wanna tell Y’all that I ain’t votin for nobody that don’t say freedom enough. Freedom ain’t free, Free Beer. We gotta fight for freedom, Hot wings. Zane you gotta eat freedom fries...Freedom, freedom, freedom, freedom..FREEDOM!"
I miss Idiot of the Day, always funny.
It's a little thing but I miss the wheel of bad games. It was just a silent understanding between the guys and the listeners that there was no wheel until some douche called in and busted them.
I am the irrepressible dark horse.
Film it. Listen to it. Live it. Love it.

All the best,
The Mayor of Awesometown
sunshyne Wrote:I miss Idiot of the Day, always funny.

Strongly agree.
If you miss Idiot of the Day, check out Fark.com. Fantastic site, they have a lot of those type of stories.
Everyday you reinvent yourself into a bigger cock-shite than ever. It's incredible. I don't know how you do it. I admire you.

I think that this situation absolutely requires a really futile and stupid gesture be done on somebody's part.
They still do all the stories, but I kind of do miss the announcer. I liked uncanny impressions, but only when Joe had to do it
They say Uncanny Impressions ran its course, but I still think there was potential for more funny clips, like Free Beer's baby bird impression. I had forgotten about that, and that was awesome!
Whatever happened to interns Jeremiah and Regular Alex (not Klalex or Alexsss). There were brief references to them, and I believe they even spoke a little on the air, but see, that's exactly why I started this thread*: they just faded away.

*Though, I'm completely cool with you posting about things you miss that used to be on the show.

Woo Hoo - 100 posts!
Also, I'm pretty sure there used to be this guy on the show a while back. I'm pretty sure his name started with a vowel... Aaron? Alen? Edward?.... ERIC!

Does anyone remember him?
un-canny impressions

what have you got to lose. I like hearing the other guys having to do stupid stuff.
"Golf requires goofy pants and a fat ass. You should talk to my neighbor the accountant. Probably a great golfer. Huge ass!"
uncanny impressions. i loved how joe would bust out laughing after every impression and then expect the listener to know what he was doing.
turf Wrote:uncanny impressions. i loved how joe would bust out laughing after every impression and then expect the listener to know what he was doing.

Usually it was during the impression.
3/30/2009 1:38 PM Loose Wendy wrote: "I would rather masturbate using a baseball bat wrapped in barbed wire than have sex with Joe."
I agree uncanny impressions was great. I think they got tired of thinking of new ones to do and actually doing them
pants on the ground! pants on the ground!
I miss The Dude, he needs to come back. Also for Grand Rapids Listeners the Line of Doom.
Moobs Minger Wrote:Whatever happened to interns Jeremiah and Regular Alex (not Klalex or Alexsss). There were brief references to them, and I believe they even spoke a little on the air, but see, that's exactly why I started this thread*: they just faded away.

Jeremiah is still around. I don't know if I know who Regular Alex is... I don't meet as many of the interns anymore.
I'm not 100% positive Regular Alex ever existed. Anyone know for sure?
landmammaldolphin Wrote:I miss Zane yelling "Who?" when the WHWT voiceover starts out the segment.

Oh god yes. I've been emailing trying to get Zane to start it again if not just once in a while. No responses though.