Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Best segment in a long long long time
Wed 10-29-2008 segment 13 "homeschool kids beat up"

I laughed so hard, over and over and over.

Bravo!

I suggest everyone get a podscast subscription to listen to it. Comedic gold! 8-)
Incorrect. The best segment in a long, long, long time was every segment 16 from the last few weeks where they talked about hockey.
I am the irrepressible dark horse.
Film it. Listen to it. Live it. Love it.

All the best,
The Mayor of Awesometown
mayorofawesometown Wrote:Incorrect. The best segment in a long, long, long time was every segment 16 from the last few weeks where they talked about hockey.

agreed.
nothing better than hockey talk
pants on the ground! pants on the ground!
Best segments I can recall were:

- Len O'Kelly giving us all eargasms.

- Joe calling El Matador in with the monster air horn.

- The segment from about 9 months ago that I just heard recently on best of where they kept saying their station was "(something) MAX FM" and then they'd play a bunch of funny songs that were related.

- Over a year ago, they had a comedian on and Joe had just done the stunt where he was in the dryer and that white trash lady yelled at him and he said it sucked him in. They had the comedian copy what she said only in a Chinese accent. I almost drove off the highway and into a ditch because I was laughing so hard.
houseboat Wrote:Wed 10-29-2008 segment 13 "homeschool kids beat up"

Bravo!

I suggest everyone get a podscast subscription to listen to it. Comedic gold! 8-)

LOL the best part was when they talked to that girl named Tetra and HotWings said "Your dad would've killed himself....He didn't, did he?"
houseboat Wrote:Wed 10-29-2008 segment 13 "homeschool kids beat up"

Bravo!

That kid that won the BEE and started by saying that the reporter said his name wrong cracked me up. I was actually embarassed for the reporter. Stupid jerk kid.
siggy778 Wrote:Best segments I can recall were:

- Len O'Kelly giving us all eargasms.

- Joe calling El Matador in with the monster air horn.

- The segment from about 9 months ago that I just heard recently on best of where they kept saying their station was "(something) MAX FM" and then they'd play a bunch of funny songs that were related.

- Over a year ago, they had a comedian on and Joe had just done the stunt where he was in the dryer and that white trash lady yelled at him and he said it sucked him in. They had the comedian copy what she said only in a Chinese accent. I almost drove off the highway and into a ditch because I was laughing so hard.

All good ones... I don't remember the comedian copy w/ chinese accent. Maybe it'll be on a flashback soon?
Len was awesome....he should be doing some drops...the intervention episode where they played walking on sunshine, I nearly wet myself. Cow part car wash is another good one when Joe got hit with the helmet and rocks from the back of the truck.
Comedian with an accent was "The Chinaman".

www.mesofunny.com I think

By the way, "Best segment in a long time" makes it feel like the rest suck.
freebeer Wrote:Comedian with an accent was "The Chinaman".

I love you guys, you know that, It's just that that segment stood head and shoulders above some of the other ones recently.

Specifically hotwings going... "I'd kill myself.... he's not dead, is he?"

I think it also hit close to home because I work with a few homeschoolers, and the folks who called in definately remind me of those mental midgets.

I'm pretty sure the comedian was just some white dude who happened to do a good crazy Chinese woman accent.
freebeer Wrote:By the way, "Best segment in a long time" makes it feel like the rest suck.

They do.
I am the irrepressible dark horse.
Film it. Listen to it. Live it. Love it.

All the best,
The Mayor of Awesometown
mayorofawesometown Wrote:
freebeer Wrote:By the way, "Best segment in a long time" makes it feel like the rest suck.

They do.

Whoa. That better be sarcasm. :-[
a segment that just about killed me was the Can't Wait to Talk About Blank with Turkey Hunter Pete on 10-07-08. I'm not usually a fan of the CWTTAB segments, but I've listened to that one over and over and it still leaves me nearly crying with laughter!

Freebeer = the hurt feelings boy in gradeschool.

*drop* Whaa! I'm sad about stuff!
attack adds were the greatest!!
I'm not a pod caster, and my wife missed it - so hopefully we'll hear it on best of...
but the funniest segment that I ever heard from them was Fri 11/07/08 - had to be around 9-9:30am - they were talking about some 'side taker' website that I can't seem to locate - I had to pull my work van over and finish the segment because I dang near wrecked it while searching for a customer out in BFE.

Can anybody point me towards that web site? - JM.
joshm Wrote:I'm not a pod caster, and my wife missed it - so hopefully we'll hear it on best of...
but the funniest segment that I ever heard from them was Fri 11/07/08 - had to be around 9-9:30am - they were talking about some 'side taker' website that I can't seem to locate - I had to pull my work van over and finish the segment because I dang near wrecked it while searching for a customer out in BFE.

Can anybody point me towards that web site? - JM.

http://www.sidetaker.com/
Go fuck yourself. Hard.