Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Pimp your favorite Bar and Restaurant
Just thought everyone could say where they would recommend someone would go if they were visiting that area.

Mine would be Jimmys for a bar

and Buffalo wildwings for a restaurant(i know kinda generic, but i love how we are treated there?
or else Granite City Food and Brewery. They have the best burger in town
pants on the ground! pants on the ground!
Bostons. My wife and I love their pizza. Also, First Wok for Chinese food.
Well, I guess that we all learned a lesson today. That it's what's inside a person that counts. And that on the inside, midgets are thieving little bastards.
Favorite bar, for drinks only, Hopcat. Favorite bar for both eating and drinking, The Curragh.

Jiggy Wrote:Bostons. My wife and I love their pizza. Also, First Wok for Chinese food.

Ugh, I wasn't impressed by Boston's at all. They try to have too much on their menu, and as a result, everything on it is mediocre.
The Reel Cafe is a good place to grab some grub and some drinks
City Limits is a great bar
Hiro's Japanese Steak House for entertaining and good sushi
J. Michael's Philly Deli....the next best thing to an authentic Philly cheesestake in the south...excellent fried mushrooms too!
Jiggy Wrote:Also, First Wok for Chinese food.

Here is a couple of suggestions for you:

Oriental Forest on Plainfield (between 4 and 5 mile). The chef is fantastic.

If you're into authentic Chinese food try these:

Abacus on 28th SW near Byron Center. Order "bim bim bop". It is to die for.

Golden 28 on 28th near 131. Try the Vietnamese soup noodle (pronounced "fah".)
Go fuck yourself. Hard.
Admin Wrote:Here is a couple of suggestions for you:

Oriental Forest on Plainfield (between 4 and 5 mile). The chef is fantastic.

If you're into authentic Chinese food try these:

Abacus on 28th SW near Byron Center. Order "bim bim bop". It is to die for.

Golden 28 on 28th near 131. Try the Vietnamese soup noodle (pronounced "fah".)
Thanks. I'm going to try these.
Well, I guess that we all learned a lesson today. That it's what's inside a person that counts. And that on the inside, midgets are thieving little bastards.
If you have never had bim bim bop you are in for a rare treat. It comes in a HOT cast iron bowl. You add some vinegar and hot sauce (to your taste) and mix it all together THOROUGHLY. The heat of the bowl keeps the food hot all the way down to the last bite.

Golden 28 is set to reopen soon but last time I drove by they were still a week or so away from that.
Go fuck yourself. Hard.
Favorite Bar- I love Gardella's, they've never poured me a bad drink.
Restaurant- Gibson's, wait the Gilmore's killed it, I do love me some Pietro's. So much better than the big chain italian places.
Taqueria Azteca in Holland. Good God their food is amazing. Authentic Mexican.
Everyday you reinvent yourself into a bigger cock-shite than ever. It's incredible. I don't know how you do it. I admire you.

I think that this situation absolutely requires a really futile and stupid gesture be done on somebody's part.
It's a chain but I really enjoyed myself in DC - Fado Irish Pub in Chinatown.
That's what she said.
In Wilmington - Front Street Brewery - 138 microbrews; great appetizers!!

The Soapbox- Live music most nights!

The Deckhouse! Great seafood, steaks and atmosphere. And they put extra food in those foil fish, ducks, etc!!

On Oak Island - Island Way- right on the beach. Great food, great prices and some of the best wines available!!!

Tengu Japanese Steakhouse- Better than Beni-hana!! The experience is wonderful and who know better how to invade an island??? Wink
Downtown GR...

Flanagan's Great place for a drink, and their food is pretty good. They have an amazing Rueben, and their highlander burger is worth commiting a misdemeanor for.

The Black Rose is a great place to have a beer with friends, I haven't tried their food though. In the winter when the fireplace is going it's even better.

If you're a beer snob, or just really into good beer,or want a beer menu that's something other than Coors Light and Bud, you have to try HopCat, 49 beers on tap, and 150 bottles (Potthole did I get the #'s right ?) And their burgers are pretty good. AND they have the best fries in the world. And as a side note, Hopcat was rated the #3 beer bar in the world by Beer Advocate magazine, That's the whole planet, not just the US, or Michigan. Not a bad feat considering they've been open less than 2 years.

Further from Downtown... Cambridge House. they have amazing food, and a multi page whiskey menu.

and I also love Grand Rapids Brewing Company on 28th st. It's a great brew pub, good food, and the ambience is warm and friendly.
Wowie Groovie !
Titan ! Wrote:Downtown GR...

Flanagan's Great place for a drink, and their food is pretty good. They have an amazing Rueben, and their highlander burger is worth commiting a misdemeanor for.

The Black Rose is a great place to have a beer with friends, I haven't tried their food though. In the winter when the fireplace is going it's even better.

If you're a beer snob, or just really into good beer,or want a beer menu that's something other than Coors Light and Bud, you have to try HopCat, 49 beers on tap, and 150 bottles (Potthole did I get the #'s right ?) And their burgers are pretty good. AND they have the best fries in the world. And as a side note, Hopcat was rated the #3 beer bar in the world by Beer Advocate magazine, That's the whole planet, not just the US, or Michigan. Not a bad feat considering they've been open less than 2 years.

Further from Downtown... Cambridge House. they have amazing food, and a multi page whiskey menu.

and I also love Grand Rapids Brewing Company on 28th st. It's a great brew pub, good food, and the ambience is warm and friendly.

Think those numbers are correct on Hopcat. They sound about right.

I had forgotten about the Black Rose. You are right on with them, a very good place to get a drink.
[Image: bumperstix.jpg]
Good Food and over 30 micro brews on tap, and 100 brews total. The place is small, and needs relocation.
Hennessy's in Northvale, New Jersey. Home of the best macaroni and cheese ever made, and owned by Jill Hennessy of Law and Order fame.

If you're into chain restaurants, and you're bored with run of the mill Chinese food, check out your local PF Changs. Expensive, but quite good.

I'm sure I'll add to this list as I think of other places I like.
hotzester Wrote:Hennessy's in Northvale, New Jersey. Home of the best macaroni and cheese ever made, and owned by Jill Hennessy of Law and Order fame.

If you're into chain restaurants, and you're bored with run of the mill Chinese food, check out your local PF Changs. Expensive, but quite good.

I'm sure I'll add to this list as I think of other places I like.
PF Changs is the best. Whenever I go back home to Arkansas I go there.
Changs was good, better than your typical stripmall Asian place, but I'm not so sure I'd go out of my way to eat there again.
When I find a place that has Steel Reserve on tap, I will have found my home
Wowie Groovie !
Just wondering if anyone else has a mongos and how the food is?
plumpenut Wrote:Just wondering if anyone else has a mongos and how the food is?

Is Mongo's the same as B.D.'s Mongolian ? Cause if so, the food is pretty good. kind of a make your own stir fry. My personal favorite is lamb/shrimp/brocolli/mushroom with buffalo sauce. I think that's what I'm having for lunch today.
Wowie Groovie !
I think it is similar. You Make your own bowl and they cook it up for you right in front of you. I have not been to it yet, but a few people said that its not bad
Yeah, that sounds like Mongolian. That stuff is good.
Hey, has anybody from Nashville been to Flemings? My boss gave me a gift certificate for Christmas.
Hey doc, do you know the address of that place?
Oh, you know, I do know the address. It's at the corner of go fuck yourself and buy a map!
If you've been to Vegas or are going, take your ass up to Henderson, about 10 minutes south and hit the Roadrunner. Excellent food, everything is a bit spicy and an all around good time. Also, Bowlingo! It's a blast.
The Green Well.

Best food in GR.
elranito Wrote:The Green Well.

Best food in GR.

Not too shabby of a beer selection either!
Rock Bottom Brewery, Raccoon River Brewery, or Court Ave. Brewery in Des Moines. Gordon Biersch (sp?) in Vegas was pretty yummy.

I like Buffalo Wild Wings.

and I love the Sangria at Fridays
Peachs Wrote:Rock Bottom Brewery, Raccoon River Brewery, or Court Ave. Brewery in Des Moines. Gordon Biersch (sp?) in Vegas was pretty yummy.

I like Buffalo Wild Wings.

and I love the Sangria at Fridays

Im guessing you are from iowa then?