Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Third Orb Technologies
Has anyone had any experience with these folks? They're starting an advertising gig with FBHW and I am thinking about getting a laptop from them.

http://3rdorb.com/home

Anyone? Buehler? Buehler?
Go fuck yourself. Hard.
Admin Wrote:Has anyone had any experience with these folks? They're starting an advertising gig with FBHW and I am thinking about getting a laptop from them.

http://3rdorb.com/home

Anyone? Buehler? Buehler?

They fixed my AC jack for my laptop. Had issues with it afterwards, and then they fixed those at no charge.

Very nice people.
Good to know. It sounds like they're in that little strip mall on the south side of 28th SE by the Dodge dealership, is this right?
Go fuck yourself. Hard.
Admin Wrote:Good to know. It sounds like they're in that little strip mall on the south side of 28th SE by the Dodge dealership, is this right?

The mexican mega-mall on 28th and Madison.

It's quite an eye opening experience to walk in there.
houseboat Wrote:
Admin Wrote:Good to know. It sounds like they're in that little strip mall on the south side of 28th SE by the Dodge dealership, is this right?

The mexican mega-mall on 28th and Madison.

There used to be a place called "El Gigante Super Mall" near my old house on 28th between Breton and Kalamazoo. Never had the balls to go in there but I bet it was an experience going in there too.
Quote of the Day:
"I'm here working for the people. I'm causing dissent, stirring the pot, getting people to question the whole rotten system." - George Costanza
dino Wrote:
houseboat Wrote:The mexican mega-mall on 28th and Madison.

There used to be a place called "El Gigante Super Mall" near my old house on 28th between Breton and Kalamazoo. Never had the balls to go in there but I bet it was an experience going in there too.

I actually pulled into the parking lot once, got out of my truck, took one step, then got back in and drove away.
Wowie Groovie !
Titan ! Wrote:
dino Wrote:There used to be a place called "El Gigante Super Mall" near my old house on 28th between Breton and Kalamazoo. Never had the balls to go in there but I bet it was an experience going in there too.

I actually pulled into the parking lot once, got out of my truck, took one step, then got back in and drove away.

Probably a smart move.
Quote of the Day:
"I'm here working for the people. I'm causing dissent, stirring the pot, getting people to question the whole rotten system." - George Costanza
I looked at their website when shopping for my new laptop, but didn't find much. Just bought a refurb from Dell Outlet instead.
That's what she said.
Allyson Wrote:I looked at their website when shopping for my new laptop, but didn't find much. Just bought a refurb from Dell Outlet instead.

haven't dealt with these guys but i bought a work computer from 'second look laptops'...i'm very happy and the guy was very nice....even when my co-worker didn't pay him for 6 months
"Golf requires goofy pants and a fat ass. You should talk to my neighbor the accountant. Probably a great golfer. Huge ass!"
I won the first laptop they gave away for Stump the Show. I had no idea what kind/brand it was until it arrived on my doorstep. It's a kinda old IBM that is real heavy with scuffs and scratches on it, BUT it has good Windows on it with security programs and all the necessary software. It also came with instructions on how to update the programs. Other than physically not looking real good, it runs great and is very useful. I didn't care about brand or condition anyway, considering it was FREE. I would have been happy with a glorified calculator since I paid nothing.
Their stock changes daily so you have to keep up on it. They mostly deal with IBM Think Pads. They awesome but they do way about 50lbs. They also have a lot of other stuff in there, monitors, projectors etc. Its worth checking out if you don't mind the hilarity of the Mega Mall, which is an adventure in and of itself.
"Its worth checking out if you don't mind the hilarity of the Mega Mall, which is an adventure in and of itself. "

It really isn't a bad place once you get in there and see all there is to see. To truly appreciate what it is, you have to walk around and really take a look at everything. There really is a lot to see. There a quite a few services offered like getting keys made and getting your hair cut. Party supplies and a few restaurants as well. There is some really great food if you're into authentic Mexican food. You can get a custom made low-rider bike made special in there. There is just all sorts of things.
We are there because of the constant traffic and the low rent keeps our prices low so we may stay competitive in the computer market. Prices usually lower on computer parts every quarter and since we have very few employees and little overhead we are able to offer lower prices than everyone else! It keeps our customers happy and us in business. We do thank everyone for their support, you have all been really GREAT!
We do hope everyone gets a chance to come in and see us, no purchase necessary!
Third Orb
thirdorb1 Wrote:Win a free trip to the mall, no purchase necessary!
Third Orb
"Golf requires goofy pants and a fat ass. You should talk to my neighbor the accountant. Probably a great golfer. Huge ass!"
He's right, I had some time to kill Saturday, and ended up actually going in, and it's not that bad.
Wowie Groovie !
Howie Feltersnatch Wrote:
thirdorb1 Wrote:Win a free trip to the mall, no purchase necessary!
Third Orb

***Transportation not included***
3/30/2009 1:38 PM Loose Wendy wrote: "I would rather masturbate using a baseball bat wrapped in barbed wire than have sex with Joe."
LOL!!!