Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
FreeBeerandHotWings.com
Ever since thursday the front page of fbhw.com hasnt looked rite the backround is all black making the text under the pics unreadable. is anyone else experienced this? I just started using firefox, an never had this problem when i used internet explorer
Their site is not firefox friendly for some reason. I think most using firefox have the same issue. I'm sure there are some here that can give you a better geeky technical reason for this.
Quote of the Day:
"I'm here working for the people. I'm causing dissent, stirring the pot, getting people to question the whole rotten system." - George Costanza
the quick technical explanation is this:

Depending on how the html is written it can possibly appear different in different browsers. Most sites these days use standardized code that works well in all browsers, but there are some that still assume everyone uses IE. Unfortunately the fbhw site is this way.

Easiest way to see all the text is to just hit CTRL+A when you get the site loaded up, it will select everything and the text is then readable.
Yea I use Firefox and for a good part of a year I didn't even know that there was text beneath the thumbnails til they started yelling at Joe and the interns for giving them shitty descriptions.
Download and install the IE View extension for Firefox, then all you need to do is right-click on any link or page and you will have the option to open it with IE.

http://ieview.mozdev.org/
I use Safari on a Mac, and it's the same way.
They complain that stations can't run the Best Of correctly but they don't care that their website is ran like crap.
When they try to stick a needle in you with the H1N1 flu vaccine this fall...run as fast as you can the other way!
I use firefox also and it sucks that it doesn't display their website correctly. I think it's time for Free Beer to contact our friends at mywebtown and have them fix it.
I think its time to make a new web site.
What's amazing is that, if I were a gambler, I'd bet this message board has attracted several new listeners. And it probably is time to update their webpage, although I can take a new one or you can leave it like it is. I don't really have any problems with it.
Hey doc, do you know the address of that place?
Oh, you know, I do know the address. It's at the corner of go fuck yourself and buy a map!
i mean i know they prolly get a good deal from my web town, or whatever their stupid host is, but come on, the site looks like it was made in the early 90's.
Everytime zane references a website on the show and he says that it looks like it was made in 1990, I think to myself that it sounds just like their website.
Ironically, I sent them an email today regarding this very issue. What web developers create a website without testing in both IE and Firefox? When I make a website, I test it in IE, Firefox, Opera, and Safari... of course, this isn't evident when viewing my personal website which I accidentally uploaded a faulty CSS file that I never got around to fixing.
They actually said a while back that they have plans to update the site but because of time/site size, they have things to work out first. That is the reason they have everything on the front page and it doesn't stay there for very long.
pvking233 Wrote:i mean i know they prolly get a good deal from my web town, or whatever their stupid host is, but come on, the site looks like it was made in the early 90's.
Yeah, it is too bad and considering how much they plug the site on the show you would think they would have something a little more professional looking.
firestrike87 Wrote:They actually said a while back that they have plans to update the site but because of time/site size, they have things to work out first. That is the reason they have everything on the front page and it doesn't stay there for very long.

They also said they would come out with a best of cd...actually they say they are going to do a lot of things that they never get around to doing. They kind of remind me of myself. Maybe that is why I like the show.
brytn Wrote:
firestrike87 Wrote:They actually said a while back that they have plans to update the site but because of time/site size, they have things to work out first. That is the reason they have everything on the front page and it doesn't stay there for very long.

They also said they would come out with a best of cd...actually they say they are going to do a lot of things that they never get around to doing. They kind of remind me of myself. Maybe that is why I like the show.

Touche!
If they do come out with a CD, I really hope they put the internviews on it.
Wowie Groovie !
providencecrow Wrote:Easiest way to see all the text is to just hit CTRL+A when you get the site loaded up, it will select everything and the text is then readable.

Easiest way to see all the text is to use Internet Explorer.

LONG LIVE MICROSOFT!
Moobs Minger Wrote:
providencecrow Wrote:Easiest way to see all the text is to just hit CTRL+A when you get the site loaded up, it will select everything and the text is then readable.

Easiest way to see all the text is to use Internet Explorer.

LONG LIVE MICROSOFT!

That's great, but those of us who don't want stray malware being installed on our PC's wont fire IE up even on a known safe site (such as fbhw.com)

Security is king.