Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Segment 16 - Local GR
What do you know segment 16... YET AGAIN about hockey.

Remember when it used to be a decent segment, covered many topics, talked about a lot of things?

It's been all hockey, all the time, for about a month.

Way to keep it diverse.
houseboat Wrote:What do you know segment 16... YET AGAIN about hockey.

Remember when it used to be a decent segment, covered many topics, talked about a lot of things?

Way to keep it diverse.

Bite your Tounge! without hockey talk, we wouldnt have heard about the love life of Kyle and Zane
Brian Wrote:
houseboat Wrote:What do you know segment 16... YET AGAIN about hockey.

Way to keep it diverse.

Bite your Tounge! without hockey talk, we wouldnt have heard about the love life of Kyle and Zane

That was one good story, and doesn't take EVERY day to rehash it.

I miss the days of good ole' other station bashing, don't you know who I am, and topical opinions on topical events.

Griffins, wings, griffins, wings, griffins, wings... rinse and repeat.
The guys all like hockey, and here in GR the hockey season is just about to get started. I think you'll live if they talk about it for 15 minutes a day.
Ha, just what we need, 50% of the population complaining that the 16th segment wasn't included, the other 50% complaining that it was
Humans are not rational beings, they are rationalizing
Practice safe sex, do it in a Volvo ___________ "Shut up", he explained.
Torque Wrote:Ha, just what we need, 50% of the population complaining that the 16th segment wasn't included, the other 50% complaining that it was

It used to be my favorite segment, now its horrible.
I love all the talk about hockey. It makes me laugh!!
houseboat Wrote:It used to be my favorite segment, now its horrible.

Maybe they'll hockey themselves out soon
Torque Wrote:Ha, just what we need, 50% of the population complaining that the 16th segment wasn't included, the other 50% complaining that it was

For real. I've noticed that fans of the show are, as a whole, pretty whiney.
They should talk about hockey every day. I look forward to it all morning. If I switch to news radio, I switch back at 10 for that stuff.
It could be worse, they could be talking about the Lions.
Hell, I get all my news and sports from them.
ESPN never really pays attention to hockey, and I don't watch the news.
So my favorite radio show, plus my favorite sport.
Screw you guys, I hope they turn segment 16 into the always hockey segment.
i am a huge fan of hockey so i don't mind them talking about it. especially since some of the wings guys are playing for the griffins this year. should be a good season for both teams.
evangperry Wrote:Hell, I get all my news and sports from them.
ESPN never really pays attention to hockey, and I don't watch the news.
So my favorite radio show, plus my favorite sport.
Screw you guys, I hope they turn segment 16 into the always hockey segment.

I agree, this is a great segment. Hockey's awesome and their coverage is too. They'll talk about the Lions sometime soon. They talk about something relevant, and right now that's hockey!

Cookie!!!!
Downy was a good interview. 8-)

10 minutes of cookie banter = fail.

There are PLETNY of other things happening in W. MICH. Talk about them every once in awhile.
If you had structured your three lines in the following manner...

10 minutes of cookie banter = fail
Downy was a good interview
There are plenty of other things happening in W. Mich. Talk about them every once in awhile.

it would have been the perfect crap sandwich response to them telling you to kiss their asses in that segment.

You now get to join the elite message boarders who have been mentioned on air. Biff takes the cake thus far though, his name was in the podcast segment title today, congrats Biff! I've been quoted, but I'm really hoping they make fun of me someday.
Torque Wrote:If you had structured your three lines in the following manner...

There are plenty of other things happening in W. Mich. Talk about them every once in awhile.

it would have been the perfect crap sandwich response to them telling you to kiss their asses in that segment.

You now get to join the elite message boarders who have been mentioned on air. Biff takes the cake thus far though, his name was in the podcast segment title today, congrats Biff! I've been quoted, but I'm really hoping they make fun of me someday.

When did they say kiss their asses?

I somehow missed that.
houseboat Wrote:
Torque Wrote:If you had structured your three lines in the following manner...

When did they say kiss their asses?

I somehow missed that.

Heard it...

Beginning of segment 15.

They've proved my point, mail it in at 10:00am. Whatever you do, don't talk about anything else that might be interesting locally.
Just curious if this only happens in st cloud or not. But monday they were done 30 mins earlier than usual. and it seems like it varies from day to day how long they are on. Today was a little shorter than the last few ???
pants on the ground! pants on the ground!
Torque Wrote:You now get to join the elite message boarders who have been mentioned on air.

Big time posters make big time posts. It's the first rule of message boarding.
You know what I hate? I can't stand it when they talk about NASCAR because I thinks that's the most boring, non-sport in history. Do you know what I do about it? I SKIP THAT SEGMENT.

The guys aren't always going to talk about stuff that you like. Besides, the 16th segment is gravy. I think it should be part of every podcast sort of like a DVD easter egg for those that are willing to pay the $30 a year for the podcast. It's not a main feature so it's not necessarily going to be something you like.

If the guys were wasting a regular segment quite often talking about hockey then maybe I could see the complaint. But the local segment? Come on.

There are plenty of LEGIT things to bitch about.
I am the irrepressible dark horse.
Film it. Listen to it. Live it. Love it.

All the best,
The Mayor of Awesometown
Segment 16 today... "More hockey talk... eat it."

I think we all know who that is directed at.

Like i said, big time posters make big time posts, and it's clear my message is getting through.
I've only been to one hockey game my entire life and I got hit in the head with a puck that said "MADE IN CZECHOSLOVAKIA". It was awesome. I'd go to more if I could but instead I live vicariously through Segment 16. They can talk about anything- hockey, sheep testes, the minutes from a Grand Rapids town hall meeting, I don't care, all I ask is that the segment gets uploaded for the podcast. If it was about baseball, the one sport I just can't stand watching, I'd bitch and moan to myself but still listen.
houseboat Wrote:Segment 16 today... "More hockey talk... eat it."

Like i said, big time posters make big time posts, and it's clear my message is getting through.

ERIC ZANE, the guy who used his hand as a plunger and who called 911 to tell them that he was speeding thinks that YOU'RE a dumbass.

Yeah, celebrate that accomplishment. Woohoo. Party time.
I am the irrepressible dark horse.
Film it. Listen to it. Live it. Love it.

All the best,
The Mayor of Awesometown
Heaven forbid they "mail it in" at 10 am as you say. They only get up at or before 4 am to get on the radio and be chipper all morning long for YOUR listening enjoyment. You get up every day that early and see how you feel at 10 am. If you don't like the show at 10 turn and listen to Kev the fat bastard.

I for one love the hockey talk. I enjoy it. It's not always hockey talk, usually it depends on the season. Soon Rampage season will start up and then we'll hear stories of Zane taunting the dumb players. Then Whitecaps season will talk and they'll have the guys in to talk about how awesome the food is (by the way, they need to get real elephant ears. The elephant ears at the ball park suck something fierce). It's just talk about hockey right now because they're the two teams in Michigan that are doing well. Get over it or move on.
houseboat Wrote:Segment 16 today... "More hockey talk... eat it."

Please tell me there's supposed to be a sarcastic tone to this post.
I vote for more hockey talk just to spite those who don't like it.
Go fuck yourself. Hard.
If they ever get wordy or off on a tangent I don't care about I....wait for it....change the station. A lot during WHWT. At about that time of the morning I bet Darcy would love for you to diddle her phone and get a request on or just leave work and join Kev at Bob's sports bar on Michigan Ave for a shot or three. It's even better since I podcast. I just jump ahead to the next day.
Yeah, they've been hockey heavy, and I admit I get annoyed when they spend a lot of time on similar topics, but the talk is okay, if not good so it's cool. When I have my own syndicated show, I won't do quite as much hockey talk, but until then, I'll try to get as much humor and entertainment out of the segments as I can. (Besides, while I rarely watch hockey, the Wings are from my state, and thus, I take joy in knowing my state has the best team in the world.)

HOWEVER, I will agree with you, houseboat, that they need to bring back more of the other stuff like other station bashing, don't you know who I am, and topical opinions on topical events. When they do something special in the 16th segment like the Line of Doom, it's awesome.

Local sports and station events are fine and good, but I could use a wider variety of content.