Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Here is Thursday's show posted
Opus Wrote:Most of what needed to be said has already been said, but I have a bit to chime in with.

I'm an almost 10 year message board admin veteren. I started my tour of duty way back on the now defunct opieanthony.com message board. Through the years, if I have learned only one thing, it is that you cannot please everybody and there will always be about a 60/40 ration of people who approve of your decisions vs not approving.

Now.. with that being said... The decision to remove the post to COPYRIGHTED material was the right thing to do. The original artist(s) or the company who signs their paychecks determines what content is made available as part of the public domain, or becomes part of the private domain. When they chose to charge money for a subscription, the daily show in its entirety became part of the private domain. A paid subscription counts as a license to access this content. Without this license, being in posession of the content is STEALING.

As far as posting content like Joe's Taint song, that song was originally posted in the PUBLIC domain as it was posted on the website and made free to anyone who wished to download it.

Billy Idol gets it.
Go fuck yourself. Hard.

Messages In This Thread