Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
New morning competition in the Grand Rapids area
Admin Wrote:
Fistor Wrote:I flipped over to G&K during a FB&HW commercial break and caught a rather heated phone call. Opie and Anthony called them on the air and chewed them out for getting canned in GR. Grey held his ground pretty good, I thought. Apparently the phone call was also on the O&A show as well, because they were playing sound effects and stuff.

Opie told them they would fail because Grey is a program director, and it's impossible to do both jobs. Grey fired back saying if they spent half the effort on GR as they're putting in with this one call, they'd still probably be on the air here. Grey also told them he was embarrassed that O&A were consistently getting slammed in the ratings by a show called "Free Beer and Hot Wings". Opie fired back, asking Grey if they think they can beat Free Beer and Hot Wings in the ratings. Grey said, "Not off the bat, no, but we're building it up." Opie laughed at that one.

Very interesting volley back and forth. I was fascinated for a minute, then I switched back to FB&HW.

Audio from the exchange http://www.michiganmediablog.com/audio/o...ykluck.mp3

Wow. I don't really see how anybody could say Kluk and Grey won that one. O&A 1 - K&G 0.

dino Wrote:I didn't even know Opie and Anthony were in GR until they got kicked off.

I didn't realize they were still on. I remember all the promotions a couple years back when they first got put on, but had no clue they were still on.

Messages In This Thread