Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
U.S. Soliders Do Not (Always) Protect Our Freedom
Mad Dog Wrote:
jus' P Wrote:That's not what I said. People were less informed about current events then, than they are now. The German people were told what to think and read. The Gov controled all media. It wasn't like that here(USA)

Sorry i mis-read you. I've done that a couple of times lately. As far as the German people are concerned, I think that they had a number of issues going on, and naivety was about third or fourth on the top ten list, not to say to say it wasn't important. Not that it wasn't their own fault but their economy was so bad, ALOT of people were busy just trying to survive to really give much attention to what Hitler was doing. Second, anti-semitisum totally ran rampant outside the Jewish community and Hitler just tapped into that vibe and took it way past the next level. Third, once Hitler hit his stride, abject fear in the general population vs god-complex in the ruling minority kept the population in line. The rest is history.

It's easy to be misunderstood when typing and not speaking. I also am guilty of mis-reading. It happens.

Messages In This Thread