Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How atheists are portrayed by Churches.
My old church down the way from my work and close to my home put up an electronic sign a in which every day they have a new 'inspirational' Christian message. I went to this church years ago and have since diverted away from the commercialization of religion and choose not to categorize myself. Well, the sign yesterday said "Pity the atheist who thanks and has no one to thank." Who says an atheist doesn't have anyone to thank in life?! My sister is an atheist and I side more with them than any other. It offended me because it makes it seem like atheists and people who don't believe in a God or who choose not to make it part of their lives are sinners and loners who are angry and have no purpose. That's just not true and I hate it how people who are so religious try to make it seem that you are deemed a bad person if you aren't like them. How fair is that to the rest of us who are living out normal lives, working, going to school, raising families and supporting our communities without the need to have religion be a part of our daily lives if thats not what we believe in? I just thought i'd start a 'touchy' subject because I was a little taken back by the sign.

Messages In This Thread