Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
joes air horn
Queenie Wrote:
Khef Wrote:My sister works at a veterans hospital from time to time. I keep telling her to bring an air-raid siren in and have it go and hollar "incoming". You know, just to see what happens.

Just one day after Veteran's Day and you have the balls to post this? Quite disturbing.

Queenie... I think this is one of the first times that I've disagreed with you! Actually I agree with you, but it's the timing issue I have a problem with. I think it would be just as bad to post this at any time of the year and not just the day after Vets day.

To me, it's kind of like all the people who stood in line for hours to buy an American flag the month following 9/11 but then took their flag down with the popularity of the event died down. Those people made me sick. If you're patriotic, you're patriotic.

Now the disclaimer: I realize you probably feel the same way totally, and you were saying that it is disturbing at any time. But given the timing, war veterans should be fresh in our minds in a respectful way....

I think I just want to say something about the people who bought American flags but took them down by Thanksgiving of 2001. >Sad

Messages In This Thread