Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Processors
I've only ever had Dell computers, so I'd just be afraid to go elsewhere. But if you tell me I'm being silly and there are other great computers I should consider, I'm open-minded! Right now I have a Dell D610 laptop that I got when I started college in 2005. The current RAM capacity is 512Mb, the hard drive is only 40 gigs, and I'm running Vista. My computer has seen a lot of wear and tear, it's had water spilled on it and gone through two batteries. So the way I see it is it's only a matter of time before this baby dies for good. Like I said I really only use my computer for music (iTunes), pictures, AIM, and the Internet. I've tried putting PC games on my computer but they don't work! No wonder.

I just want a computer that is going to run quickly and will hold all of my music and pictures. Also, having the ability to install a game would be nice :-). I'd like the screen to be at least 15" diagonal and the glossy finish is a bonus. Also I like the built-in webcam feature. Like I said I'd like to have this new computer for a while so it needs to be somewhat obsolescence-proof. Also, I'd like to spend under $500!

Soooo any suggestions?
That's what she said.

Messages In This Thread