Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Do you Believe in God
Mad Dog Wrote:When I was going through my divorce I went back to church, I suppose, as a way to show God I was serious about wanting my family to stay intact. I prayed with all my mite and with every thing my soul could muster. But it wasn't to be. Even though the bible says God hates divorce, He allowed mine to happen anyway. Why? Should I even ask this question?

God does hate divorce, but not for the reason you might think. He hates it because it hurts His children. However, sometimes you have to look beyond vows and focus on the entire picture. It probably wasn't just you and your wife that was part of the situation. There were probably children involved as well. Sometimes it is better that divorce does happen so that a couple's children do not think that is the way marriage is supposed to be (with fighting, dishonesty, adultery, etc.). If both parties are not willing to commit to a marriage that includes God and the Bible, then it quite possibly might not work out.

Been there, done that, broke the mug and burned the t-shirt. Now I have moved on. But no marriage will work without the total commitment of both parties involved, along with honesty and above all, a relationship above the children involved (i.e., no running and talking about a spouse behind the back of another spouse, this causes the child(ren) to think and be biased towards one or another parent). A marriage without God involved will work I guess, but it works a heck of a lot better with God in it.
Hey doc, do you know the address of that place?
Oh, you know, I do know the address. It's at the corner of go fuck yourself and buy a map!

Messages In This Thread