Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Sean Avery's "Ex-Girlfriend" Comment
dingdongyo Wrote:.
i think the only issue with this is he tracks mud in his own teammates' kitchens. did you see the reactions from turco and the other guys? pretty much hung him out to dry.
that would be my guess as why the stars cut him. but yes, i think it should have been up to the stars to deal with it all along, not the league.
the only reaction from the stars in relation to avery was after the bruins game a few weeks ago (avery hitting guys from behind and generally being a goon) when mike modano, a true face of the stars, the league and longtime vet, said something to the effect of "if this is the way this organization is going to play hockey then its time for me to get a front office job somewhere."
if averys own teammates and a league legend are hanging him out to dry, you know its bad.
the nhl has something most leagues dont, and thats a practice of self-policing among players. hockey players (unlike most major sports stars, despite what they may say) have an ultimate respect for the game they play and the guys they play against. even when theres a fight, you see two players talk, decide they both want to go, punch each others lights out, and stop when someone gets dropped or when the linesmen come in... theres no punching guys when theyre down, no sticks to the head, etc.
avery doesnt have this respect for the game, hes always been a punkass cheapshot artist who turtles when its time to pay the piper for a dirty hit. everyone in the league knows this, and his comments made it even more clear to the whole league that he has no respect for the game, something hockey players have always taken so seriously.
if avery hadnt been dealt with by the league, his punishment would have been on the ice, and would have been waaaay more severe. i hope he enjoys his anger management classes and makes it back to a hockey league somewhere in north america so i can watch him get absolutely demolished by someone, somewhere.

Messages In This Thread