Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
TOO much Government?
When people stop relying on themselves, and depend on the Government for everything. When the government controls large businesses, "for the good of the people". That is when Communism begins to take place.

Since when did being free and having liberties take a back burner to being "taken care of"? The American way of Building Dreams has become "take what you can, the government owes me". If anyone has done any type of reading, you would know that the founding fathers of America wanted the government to be controlled by the people, not vice versa.

"I predict future happiness for Americans if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them." - Thomas Jefferson

"Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety."

-Benjamin Franklin

"I believe that banking institutions are more dangerous to our liberties than standing armies. If the American people ever allow private banks to control the issue of their currency, first by inflation, then by deflation, the banks and corporations that will grow up around the banks will deprive the people of all property until their children wake-up homeless on the continent their fathers conquered." -- Thomas Jefferson

This is the tendency of all human governments. A departure from principle becomes a precedent for a second; that second for a third; and so on, till the bulk of society is reduced to mere automatons of misery, to have no sensibilities left but for sinning and suffering... And the fore horse of this frightful team is public debt. Taxation follows that, and in it's train wretchedness and oppression." - Thomas Jefferson

Do you feel like the government is getting too powerful for its own good? Do you feel like everybody should be "taken care of"? What do you think the "New World Order" of government, the idea of a global government would do to your way of life, for your future/ your children's future? Undecided

Messages In This Thread