Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I have some questions for the Christians.
Major A-hole Wrote:1 corinthians chpt 8 (I think). It says that the man shall treat his wife as equal and visa-versa

In 1 Corinthians 7:1-16 it talks about marriage. Specifically, in 7:4 it states: "The wife does not have authority over her own body, but the husband does. And likewise the husband does not have authority over his own body, but the wife does." I don't necessarily think this means we are equal. There are many places in the Bible wherein God tells women to be subservient to their husbands. This is because the husband is to be the head of the house, and if he is truly to be seen in this light, everyone in the household must be under his control. How can you run something that you do not have control of.

This language does not bother me as a female. If a man has a hold on his life, family, career and finances, he should be in control. However, if he chooses not to do so, for whatever reason, somebody else would have to pitch in and help, thus being an equal.
Hey doc, do you know the address of that place?
Oh, you know, I do know the address. It's at the corner of go fuck yourself and buy a map!

Messages In This Thread