Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Crosby the Bitch
dingdongyo Wrote:
Rock Monster Wrote:The simple fact that there are 2 assists on virtually every goal in the NHL tells you that it is harder to get goals than assists. (almost twice as hard!! Big Grin)

Imray_Pinasheep Wrote:I would think that, logically, it's much easier to get an assist. Yes, you may have to slide it by a defenseman.. but the the person you're sending it to is trying to receive it. If you're shooting, you're sending the puck into a small space with a goalie and probably at least one defenseman who simply have to skate in front of it to ruin the shot. The goal's not going to do everything it can to receive the puck, whereas your teammate will do whatever they can to take it and go.
ok, well you tell me which was harder here: the assist, or the goal

http://www.nhl.tv/team/console.jsp?hlg=2...ent=EDM342
I agree with DingDong on this example and I've seen other goals where the puck is shot in from the point and it brushes the guy in front of the net's jersey (Luc Robitaille in the 2002 playoffs) and that guy is credited with a goal. Unfortunately there will never be a scoring system based on effort involved. Though the NHL got it right by awarding the same number of points for a goal or an assist.

Messages In This Thread