Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bye bye Redding
Jeez.. It's like Mayhew was waiting for Millen to get out the way so some real football business could be conducted. Trading Cory Redding (never a Pro-Bowler) and a fifth round pick (useful yes.. but they can do without) to get Julian Petersen is a good call. I know Petersen's best years may be behind him, but he's an instant improvement and Redding is a minor loss. Redding will never put up numbers like he did playing with Shaun Rogers, and his signing for 49 mill over 7 years was as bad as some of the Raiders' recent signings.

Slowly but surely, Detroit's front office is giving me hope. I'm hoping they'll be smart enough to draft a lineman (Smith or Monroe) #1 rather than a qb. Hell, they could pick a lineman #1 and maybe get Alex Mack at #20 for a center to be Raiola's eventual replacement.. or another LB like Cushing or Laurenitis at #20.. or possibly even another WR threat (though I'm not really for that idea). I'm definitely feeling more optimistic.. but isn't that how the off/pre-season always goes here? :'(
Where would we be without the agitators of the world attaching the electrodes of knowledge to the nipples of ignorance?

Messages In This Thread