Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Stars and Stripes, Old Glory, The Starry Banner
The American Flag.

I just finished installing a new hoisting rope on the flag pole outside my office. One of the clips had broken and the rope was starting to get a little dry rotten so I went to ACE and purchased all new stuff. While I was there I also looked into Solar and wired spot/fog lights as our flag isn't lighted at night (big pet peeve of mine). When I reported back to my supervisor with the spendings and the possible spending for the light she replied with:

"It's a lot of wasted energy (wired light) to only light the flag"

What the Eff!

How many people actually think this way? Am I some blind, uber-patriotic sap that thinks the rules for displaying our flag should be followed?

I tell ya, if she has a problem with lighting the flag at night, then I will pitch a fit and make her ass go out and retire the colors every night before she goes home.

"The flag should never be allowed to touch the ground and, if flown at night, must be illuminated. If the edges become tattered through wear, the flag should be repaired or replaced. When a flag is so tattered that can no longer serve as a symbol of the United States, it should be destroyed in a dignified manner, preferably by burning."

"The flag should never be dipped to any person or thing, unless it is the ensign responding to a salute from a ship of a foreign nation."

"Although the Flag Code is U.S. Federal law, there is no penalty for failure to comply with the Flag Code and it is not widely enforced"

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Flag_of_the..._etiquette

/rant
"Golf requires goofy pants and a fat ass. You should talk to my neighbor the accountant. Probably a great golfer. Huge ass!"

Messages In This Thread