Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Pot legalization on the way?
speedbump Wrote:
hoshi Wrote:Pot is a schedule II drug. This means it can be prescribed, but with a shitton of restrictions...for good reason.

Pot will not be made legal without a prescription for a long time. Which I say is a good thing. A friend of mine died when she was 16 because some stoner, high off his ass on weed, hit her head on with his vehicle (around a curve) because he "didn't realize" it was a one way street even thought he lived there.

By the way, illegal drugs used to be taxed in TN. Drug dealers could pay taxes on sold goods anonymously. Sounds dumb, right? This so-called "crack tax" raised $6 million in the 3 years it was active, because if the taxes were not paid and you were caught, they took cars or whatever to pay the money you owed. All of it went to state drug programs.

Kinda awesome, I think.

So you think alcohol should be completely banned too then right? It does a damn fine job of impairing judgment, yet is legal.

well, for once i agree here with speedbump.
yes I am sorry about the loss of your friend, I also have lost a friend. The people that killed him shot him because they were told to kill someone specific, he wasn't that person but they thought he was so they shot him and he crawled for half a block in the middle of a cold night when he collapsed near an intersection and he bled to death. Alcohol impares judgement for as long and as much as weed.

However I have never heard of someone being a "gun for hire" in return for some cigarettes or some booze. The reason those people went out and did what they did is because the drugs were impossible to get by normal means and someone who was dealing with illegal situations to begin with wanted someone taken care of. My friend was killed at the age of 16, he would have been 28 on the 17th, and to this day it still affects me.
It matters not how straight the gate, how charged with punishments the scroll.
I am the master of my fate, I am the captain of my soul.
[spoiler]Shit, you took away the black bar. Put it the fuck back now![/spoiler]

Messages In This Thread