Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
NFL Draft
It's legal, and it's a horrible idea. Do you really want to do that to someone who's supposed to be face of your franchise? If that were to happen, you know the player's agent would stall and have the kid hold out until he got #1 pick overall money. Chances are the player would be looking for the first chance to get out of dodge, and possibly try to force a trade a la Eli Manning when he got drafted by San Diego. I just don't think it's a good idea to mess with someone who's going to be the face of the rebuilding effort.

I'm hoping the Lions pick Jason Smith (OT from Baylor) or Eugene Monroe (OT from Virginia) with the #1. It all starts up front. At #20, I'd like to see them take a LB.. Maluaga, Cushing, Matthews or Laurenitis could all make a difference early on. Or, and flame away for this, if Jeremy Maclin or Percy Harvin (WR's from Missouri and Florida) are available.. I think you have to consider them. Or maybe even Alex Mack (C from Cal), or Brandon Pettigrew (TE from Oklahoma State). The Lions have so many holes that unless they take someone really questionable, they almost can't go wrong. Hopefully Millen-type drafting is behind us.

For my Steelers, I'd like to see them pick up William Beatty (OT from UConn), Alphonso Smith (DB from Wake Forest), Darius Butler (DB from UConn) or Alex Mack (OL from Cal) in the first round. They really need help on the OL and in the secondary.
Where would we be without the agitators of the world attaching the electrodes of knowledge to the nipples of ignorance?

Messages In This Thread