Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Sportier Than Thou<<<NTT
I post this here because I feel it was not given its due diligence in its discussion in the Name That Tune thread. Free Beer openly admitted NTT felt tired to them. The valid argument here is, STT is not tired? Its the exact same thing every week. FB got angry because all the songs went Zane's way in NTT, yet seemingly every sports question goes free beer's way in STT. It is boring. I used to listen to it on my way to work, but it is past intolerable at this point. A better idea would have Sportier than (show member) or another gimmick. They tried it with NTT and it did not work, but I would much rather hear Hot Wings responses to basic sports questions and hope for comedy gold than Free Beer correctly answer the first pick in the 1978 NHL entry draft. If the show is supposedly enacting sweeping changes on their own, this is one that should heartily be looked into. Rarely does humor come from the segment (other than the airhorn) and it is not fun for listeners or even competitors. Do justice to the show and try to get back in the good graces of the listeners and CAN STT! It nearly happened once. It should happen now. Thoughts?

Messages In This Thread