Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Club Gitmo
professorpinasheep Wrote:You know why you thought Bush and his boys did a lot of good? Because they weren't even CLOSE to conservatives when it comes to most issues. They spent money like liberals, passed rather liberal legislation (aside from the GOP tenets of abortion/stem-cell issues, the "sanctity of marriage", etc) and were very short-sighted. If not for the war, I bet Bush Jr. could've been one of the most popular presidents ever.. hell, his approval ratings were still better than the Dem-controlled Congress in the last two years (which isn't saying much, because both were pathetic).

Philly Mike Wrote:Not even close to conservatives??? How can you say that at all, the dems even had problems with the way he spent let alone all of the other topics you've mentioned. There were very few things he did right. I didn't think the good he did that much good. Sorry about the wrong wording with a lot, I should have said some good. there were a ton of stupid decisions he made. Even besides the war he would have screwed up a lot, the biggest problem he had was the fact that him and mostly chieny were so corrupt that they thought the president had more power than he should and the vice had way more power than any vice president should ever have.

You seem to be confusing "conservative" with "Republican." They're not synonymous. You can be a Republican without being a conservative.. that's more evident now than it ever has been. Specter's defection, and the Sens. from Maine (especially Collins) are the most obvious examples.

I would argue Bush did plenty right, and he did plenty wrong.. Just like most Presidents before him. Yes, the Dems didn't always agree with what he was doing.. that wouldn't make sense.. because then they'd be falling in line with the Republican line of thought.. and that would turn off liberal voters. But Bush spent and spent, and not just on the war, like most liberals do. He enacted crazy amounts of social programs, like most liberals do. He bailed out large corporations, like liberals would do. If it looks like a duck, walks like a duck, and quacks like a duck...

Everyone likes to say the people at the top are corrupt, but rarely produce hard evidence and usually bring up some conspiracy theory. I'll give you Cheney on corruption, though.. You need look no further than Halliburton to back up that claim. It's not that I hate Obama as a person, like so many seem to.. he's charismatic and intelligent. I wouldn't mind sittin down for a beer with him (we all know he's down with that, right? Wink ) I just don't agree with any of his ideology or the direction he's leading the country.
Where would we be without the agitators of the world attaching the electrodes of knowledge to the nipples of ignorance?

Messages In This Thread