Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
NHL Playoffs
Titan! Wrote:Okay, so we talked about this a little bit at dinner tonight. But I'll throw it out there for the rest of you.

Growing up in Northern Indiana I had pretty much zero exposure to hockey. However, I have really enjoyed watching the Red Wings these last couple of weeks.

Here's a few questions form a hockey newbie

What is Icing ?

Who gets credit for scoring the Peng's goal in game 2 ?

If fighting is allowed, what are penalties given for ?

and, I've always wondered, why dont NHL Teams hire one of those sure super huge fat guys, and just plop them down in front of the goal ? There are peopl who are fat enough to easily block the entire net, so why not ?

Go Wings ! Beat the Philedelphia Penguins !

well lets see what I can answer for you here.
Icing happens when one team shoots the puck from inside their blue line all the way to the other end of the ice, and hits the wall,without someone on their team touching it. The opposing team has to touch it first for it to be icing. Then the faceoff will happen inside the team that committed the icing's zone. Also when there is a power play the team that is a man down can shoot the puck all the way down without fear of getting called for icing.
As for the goal, I didnt see it but Im gonna guess the last guy to touch it, or whoever was nearby.
Fighting happens to keep people in line so the stars are not always getting pounded. Yeah thats as much as I care to know about hockey I think
pants on the ground! pants on the ground!

Messages In This Thread