Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
NHL Playoffs
Titan! Wrote:Okay, so we talked about this a little bit at dinner tonight. But I'll throw it out there for the rest of you.

Growing up in Northern Indiana I had pretty much zero exposure to hockey. However, I have really enjoyed watching the Red Wings these last couple of weeks.

Here's a few questions form a hockey newbie

What is Icing ? Icing is when the team on defense shoots the puck from behind the center line into the other team's zone and it goes past the goal line. However, if the team that shoots it in touches it first it is not icing. This rule basically keeps teams from just shooting the puck from one end of the rink to the other to get out of trouble. If a team ices the puck, the face off comes back to their zone and the guys who were on the ice have to stay on, while the other team is allowed to change if they want.
Who gets credit for scoring the Peng's goal in game 2 ? Malkin gets the credit for the goal because he was the last player to touch it from his team before the Red Wings player helped it along.

If fighting is allowed, what are penalties given for ? While fighting is allowed, it can not go unpunished. Both guys that drop the gloves get 5 minute majors, so neither team is on the powerplay afterward, unless one of them really instigated it and then the other team would get a 2 minute power play (I think).

and, I've always wondered, why dont NHL Teams hire one of those sure super huge fat guys, and just plop them down in front of the goal ? There are peopl who are fat enough to easily block the entire net, so why not ? I've thought about that myself, I would assume because the guy would need to know how to skate and if he was that fat to be able to fill the whole damn net, I doubt his skating would even be able to get him to the ne from the bench. I think the NHL also instituted some rules after the 1997 Stanley Cup (which the Red Wings won) to make sure that the goalie's equipment was not oversized, I think they call it the Garth Snow rule.

Go Wings ! Beat the Philedelphia Penguins !

There you go Titan! F you Pitty! :thumbup:

Messages In This Thread