Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
New Website - Podcast format
Ashleyme Wrote:So today was my big test trying out the single file podcast. I pulled in my driveway when I came home and went to hit pause and instead I hit the back arrow, starting the track at 0:00. I knew it was during the Chastity Bono segment but I had no idea where in the 4 hour 15 minute segment it was. I remember glancing down once when there was 2 hours remaining, but I knew I had listened for a while since then. So I hit fast forward on my ipod, which skips about 20 seconds at a time, I heard for a second Linda Hogan sobbing, I heard something about the Redwings, bleeps from the interview with the New Jersey guy. It was like listening to the whole show over. I stopped the 2 hour mark. No, that's not it, I listened to that a while ago. More ff.... oh, I'm getting closer, there's the talk about the fat woman on the flatbed truck, that was recent. There...there's talk about Chastity Bono! Now, where was I in here? I skipped around and I find the last thing I heard.. seconds before that segment ends. Really? I was at the end of that segment anyway? If I had a timer, I'd have known it was ending soon, would have been a great place to pause... HAD I KNOWN. Honestly, total time trying to find my place again... over 10 minutes.

I'm not trying to be spiteful here. I love listening to FBHW. I may have complained some about them getting rid of Name That Tune, but other than that, I have absolutely no complaints. I know it sounds stupid, but after my divorce, the podcast kept me going. Cheesy, I know, but this new format is such a pain in the ass. I'll get used to it I guess, if that's how it has to be, but does ANYONE like it?
yup, when they have double segments it can take me around 5 minutes to find the spot after it using my phone, because the time slider is a pain in the ass. The big file has some advantages, but it is more inconvienient. join in on thier message board and voice up...
It matters not how straight the gate, how charged with punishments the scroll.
I am the master of my fate, I am the captain of my soul.
[spoiler]Shit, you took away the black bar. Put it the fuck back now![/spoiler]

Messages In This Thread