Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Obama Mercy Hospital
Well you have to consider some factors, 1 as far as a regular paid insurance goes it would probably at best cover 2/3s of the population, there will still be people who cant afford and get free health insurance that is already available. Now this is a huge help. Anyone who thinks this will be a burden on taxpayers has to look at what is going on now. If you look at the fact that many people who are uninsured go to the ER and use other programs that drain a hospital of money but are not preventive treatment the cost to the government to subsidize these hospitals is well over a few hundred billion dollars. Now under a more stable plan a couple hundred billion is slotted to be taken away from this subsidization to help run this. The way it creates jobs is because there will be people needed to work on this new health care. One way that seems the most likely is it will be a little more open and competitive like the auto insurance market where people will be open to chose through something like a broker that will offer a choice of options and one will always be the government run program. This will create a whole new section of jobs because there will be medical exchanges set up for regular people to work through, and these exchanges will need agents to help the people. so there will be plenty of jobs. and since preventive care will be available to most people it will help out hospitals, and even more so it would help out private practice doctors because they will actually have people going to them because they can afford to go to them. This will create jobs in doctors offices. There are many different possibilities but affordable healtcare as an option for people can't really be too bad of a thing.
It matters not how straight the gate, how charged with punishments the scroll.
I am the master of my fate, I am the captain of my soul.
[spoiler]Shit, you took away the black bar. Put it the fuck back now![/spoiler]

Messages In This Thread