Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
A.I.G.
sunshyne Wrote:I'm sorry, but I think its sad that people are being basically forced into a direction. I don't really need the government making my daily decisions for me. I'm a grown ass adult. People are acting like the thirty-eight year old living in his mom's basement. Not wanting to go out on their own and do things for themselves. America was built on dreams of indiviuals coming here and building something better for themselves. Now people come here/ or are born here expecting the government or someone else to do it for them.

I'd have to agree. It seems like right now, the government is attempting to legislate behavior. It's not as insidious as just outlawing something or decreeing certain things are punishable, or someone standing over you brandishing a club, saying "Oh no you don't!" It's being done in the quietest, most peaceful way possible. You can't choose something if it's no longer a choice, or not financially feasible. In a few years, you won't really have the option of buying that nice new truck to haul around your snowmobiles/ski-dos or horsetrailers thanks to the proposed emission standards. If you tax something heavily (ie fatty foods, soda, etc), people are certainly less likely to buy it. While improving the nation's health is a noble goal, doing it it by more or less removing the freedom of choice seems like the wrong way to go about it.
Where would we be without the agitators of the world attaching the electrodes of knowledge to the nipples of ignorance?

Messages In This Thread