Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Most Current Natures Scares are B.S.
this book seems to be a little heavy on the denouncing everything side, but if you actually look at it in a moderate sense a lot of this is true.

The Sun is behind Global Warming

well this i agree with as far as global warming falling all on us. Throughout the earth's history there have been major fluctuations in the temperature even before humans. There have been many things pointing out flaws in the idea that it is us, I remember seeing something that had Al Gore (don't know if it was from inconvienient truth or not) where he is standing in front of a chart doing a presentation showing how our CO2 emissions are causing global warming but if you look at the chart the temp usually rises then the CO2 rises right after it

CO2 levels

considering that carbon is in basically everything on this planet it is reasonable the levels will go up and down all of the time. Besides methane is a worse greenhouse gas than CO2.

Polar bears and penguins are not dying out

Technically this is correct because both species have been teetering on the verge of being on endangered/threatened for a very very long time. I don't fell like looking it up right now but i believe they both have been on the lists a couple of times in the past and have gone off it.

The Gulf Stream is not under threat

Any fears of this are just stupid.

The Maldives are not sinking

this was yet more paranoia spreading to show global warming is dangerous.

Global warming might be good for us

not only could more crops be grown but it has been proven that people who live in more of a warm climate live longer.
that is even if it goes to the point where global warming is going to really get that far.

There are few 'bad' foods

As the old rule goes, all things in moderation... duh Tongue

Organic food is no better for you

As they stated on the show. The chemicals and additives have been created to help us not hurt us

Turkey Twizzlers are fine

never heard of em nor do i care

There is no need to cut back on salt

as i said before all things in moderation.

We do not know what causes heart disease

Regardless what does or doesn't cause it, watching things like your cholesterol is always a good thing to do anyway.

Mercury fillings are probably harmless

eh who cares... Tongue

But thats just my opinion.
It matters not how straight the gate, how charged with punishments the scroll.
I am the master of my fate, I am the captain of my soul.
[spoiler]Shit, you took away the black bar. Put it the fuck back now![/spoiler]

Messages In This Thread