Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The Detroit Lions 2009 Schedule
Mad Dog Wrote:Thats a mighty big limb you just steped out on. Arizona? The Superbowl runner up, almost beat the Steelers, Arizona? You think around seven wins? I'd be happier than fish grease if it happened, But I just don't see it.

Well, I meant it with the caveat that it was possibly in an unlikely kinda way. Wink However, look at recent history. The Super Bowl loser (especially from the NFC) has a history of choking big time the following season, even without major personnel changes (see Chicago and Seattle for prime examples). The Cardinals fired one coordinator and lost another one and will be relying on a rookie RB and Warner's another year older. I think that if the Lions have been at least competitive for most of the season, they'll have a good shot since they'll be at home.. but home will only be an advantage if they have four or five wins under their belt by that late in the season. I'm not expecting a Miami or Baltimore-like turnaround, going from 1 win to 11 or 3 wins to 12, but I think six or seven wins is within reach.
Where would we be without the agitators of the world attaching the electrodes of knowledge to the nipples of ignorance?

Messages In This Thread